Going wireless. Need advice on best way to do so?

cefey

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I want to play songs from itunes/spotify from my macbook/phone wireless out of my sound system (Bose V35).

I have tried with Apple TV, but it´s complete rubbish. Songs lag all the time. Stops for some ms or ever 2-3 seconds (well, the song is playing, sound dissapears).

So I was thinking to get either Audiengine B1 (bluetooth), 200$ or Google Chomecast Audio (wifi) 40$.
Is there any difference in quality? Both got optical out, so V35 will do all the processing work. I just need a pure receiever, that will play songs steady.

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
The Chromecast audio is pretty good. It never blips or stops during a song.

It's not perfect; sometimes (once every 2 weeks) there is a miscommunication between Spotify on the phone and the Chromecast.

cefey

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
What about sound quality? Do you notice any difference between wired vs wireless?
Any experience with BT receivers?

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
The chromecast is only wireless. Imo its not an issue. With a streamer I had before I *thought* I could here a minor difference, but it was so small I couldn't be bothered.

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
cefey said:
Sorry for being unclear. I mean how does it compare against Audioengine B1, YBA-11, Arcam miniLink/rLink?
I really don't know. I've only used a B&O streamer and a chromecast.

Edit: to me all streamers sound pretty much the same. It's the dac and its analogue output that determine the sound ime.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts