Godfather Trilogy Blueray Moan

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ok why was Dolby Digital 5.1 not on the blueray trilogy we had Dolby True 5.1 Hd but no Dolby Digital 5.1 except for france and spain. So i ended up viewing it through linear PCM. Yesterday the Godfather was on Sky HD Movies and guess what it was Dolby Digital 5.1. Which sounded great why Paramount could not have done 5.1 for the Boxset is beyond me. Id have been better of buying the Dvd Boxset seeing that was in Dolby 5.1 wont make that mistake again.

Liam19

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
dazb:Ok why was Dolby Digital 5.1 not on the blueray trilogy we had Dolby True 5.1 Hd but no Dolby Digital 5.1 except for france and spain. So i ended up viewing it through linear PCM. Yesterday the Godfather was on Sky HD Movies and guess what it was Dolby Digital 5.1. Which sounded great why Paramount could not have done 5.1 for the Boxset is beyond me. Id have been better of buying the Dvd Boxset seeing that was in Dolby 5.1 wont make that mistake again.

I'm assuming, since you want standard DD 5.1 instead of DD-THD 5.1, that your system can't handle HD audio - this shouldn't be a problem since your system should be able to decode regular DD 5.1 from within the HD audio track (am I right, anybody?). My system isn't equipped for HD audio and yet my Onkyo 506 manages to decode DD-THD tracks as regular DD.

I'm curious to know what equipment you have; you obviously have the capability to listen to PCM audio through your system, yet (again, I'm just assuming) it can't handle the Dolby TrueHD track properly (otherwise you wouldn't have a problem!).

Anyway, as far as I can see, if you just turn on the Dolby TrueHD track, pretty much any 5.1 system I'm aware of should be able to decode regular Dolby Digital from it.

FuzzyinLondon

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
If you're listening to Linear PCM, doesn't that just mean that your player is doing the decoding and passing is through to your amp as PCM? Why would you want standard Dolby Digital over decoded Dolby TrueHD as PCM if your system can handle the PCM feed?

nads

FuzzyinLondon:If you're listening to Linear PCM, doesn't that just mean that your player is doing the decoding and passing is through to your amp as PCM?

that is what i understand should be happening.

A

Anonymous

Well i have a Ps3 to watch my blueray films i have that connected via optical cable to my Yamaha amp RX-V363. Then i have PS3 connected via HMDI to HDTV.

A

Anonymous

The DD5.1 is hidden on some TrueHD discs. The PS3 (as most BD players) detects this hidden track at 640kbs, or it could be a DTS or LPCM track.

Boo

Liam19

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
boopolo:

The DD5.1 is hidden on some TrueHD discs. The PS3 (as most BD players) detects this hidden track at 640kbs, or it could be a DTS or LPCM track.

Boo

Like I said before, this is what should happen when you play a film with a Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD MA soundtrack - assuming your PS3 is properly set to bitstream the audio through optical, your Yam should get regular DD or DTS from these tracks.

Optical cable cannot however carry multichannel LPCM sound - so when you select this option on a Blu-ray disc, the sound is converted to 2-channel LPCM and then all your Yam can do is create pseudo-surround effects from this stereo track.

You should see the difference on the display of your amp - when you play The Godfather with its Dolby TrueHD soundtrack on, the display should read Dolby Digital (same for DTS-HD soundtracks, DTS should show up). If LPCM is on, it should read 'Neo-6' or 'PLII Movie' or whatever other pseudo-surround effects your Yamaha has.

FuzzyinLondon

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
Taking into account what Liam has said above, I would try switching audio output on your PS3 from LPCM to Bitstream when watching movies (press triangle and go into the AV options when the menu pops up - ignore the warning that comes up). Your amp should pick up the Dolby Digital core track and decode that for Dolby Digital 5.1.

Liam19

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
FuzzyinLondon:Taking into account what Liam has said above, I would try switching audio output on your PS3 from LPCM to Bitstream when watching movies (press triangle and go into the AV options when the menu pops up - ignore the warning that comes up). Your amp should pick up the Dolby Digital core track and decode that for Dolby Digital 5.1.

Exactly, this is easily the best way to set up your system dazb (it's the way mine's set, and it pleases me no end!
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts