Getting the best out of the KDL40W3000

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ok, so now I've ordered myself a Sony KDL40W3000 tv and its arriving tomorrow......but as we all know the factory settings are not what we want. The problem is this is our first LCD TV and I haven't a clue on how to get the best out of it....all I know from doing a lot of reading around is that you have to do a lot of setting up. Of course it depends on ambient lighting, personal preferences etc but I wonder if anybody can give me some pointers on getting the best out of my new toy! For the moment I'll be watching progs through the in-built freeview tuner, Sky+, and Bluray player.

Hope somebody can help

Thanks

A

Anonymous

As you've got a Blu-Ray player then I'd recommend getting a copy of Digital Video Essentials - HD Basics when it's released at the start of August. It's about £15 and takes you through the calibration process step by step.

Well worth it for the results you'll acheive in a few minutes.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Or just use the THX Optimizer which is available on a number of DVDs (The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, Revenge of the Sith, Harry Potter to name a few). Also, since you've got Blu-Ray, you could pick yourself up a copy of the region free Terminator 2 Blu-Ray disc which has it on. Then you can watch hi-def "I'll be back" moments to your heart's content!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts