Getting a Sony 3D Blu-ray player to give my not-that-old amp HD audio

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Have an Onkyo TX-SR606 amp, with HDMI 1.3a inputs.

Recently upgraded my Blu-ray player from a Sony BDP-S350 to a Sony BDP-S570.

The cable connecting the two is (and always has been) a Chord Supershield HDMI 1.3a

I used to get HD audio (e.g. DTS-HD Master Audio or Dolby TrueHD) through the Onkyo. Now, however, the amp is just playing back using Dolby Digital EX on the same Blu-ray discs, which is obviously not as good.

I don't want to upgrade the amp just yet to a HDMI 1.4 compatible ones (and replace my cables at the same time) - but can I set up the BDP-S570 to be able to output HD audio?

All of the settings in the menus appear to be set to their default, apart from I've turned 3D output from "Auto" to "Off" in the hope that this would help (I don't have a 3D TV anyway).

Does anyone have the same issue, and can advise?

A

Anonymous

Found the solution...

3D Video Output set to OFF

BD Audio Mix set to OFF

Audio DRC set to Wide Range

DTS Neo set to OFF

...and lo and behold it works. Note, some of these settings are different to those I had set up on the BDP-S350 (apart from the 3D setting, which is obviously new).

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Nath_W:
Found the solution...

3D Video Output set to OFF

BD Audio Mix set to OFF

Audio DRC set to Wide Range

DTS Neo set to OFF

...and lo and behold it works. Note, some of these settings are different to those I had set up on the BDP-S350 (apart from the 3D setting, which is obviously new).

That won't make any difference to the HD audio playing or not though, neither does the DRC setting, it's the Audio Mix "OFF" that does it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts