Big Band Jazz
Ska
Reggae
1960s Brit Pop
Modern Country fusion

Dislikes:

Most Prog Rock
Naff pop/rock, such as Dire Straits
1960s West Coast American music such as The Eagles, Crosby, Still, Nash (although loved Graham Nash when he was with The Hollies)
Novelty songs
Heavy Metal
Opera

insider9

Very difficult for me to classify it by genre. My preference is towards music where actual instruments are being played. That will generally put electronic music at a disadvantage, saying that I've listened to Shpongle today. So I can't really say that I dislike electronic music.

D

Deleted member 188533

I don't like much rap or much 'pop' country. I do like some of each though. There's really nothing I don't listen to. The next 5 artists on my Tidal playlist : Trevor Something ( awesome retro synthwave ), Childish Gambino, Mazzy Star, Massive Attack and Blank and Jones. 5 from down the page: Eric Clapton, London Grammar, Aurora, Slayer and Lana Del Rey.

Not sure mine can be delineated by genre.

I don't like country, but love some of Brandi Carlile and Oh Susanna.
Don't care for opera, but adore the aria from Lucia di Lammermoor and Viens, Malika (the flower duet) from Lakme.
Don't like jazz, but loved the jazz bars of New Orleans when I went there half a life ago.
Don't like heavy metal, though The Ace of Spades is a classic - I prefer a bit more originality in my guitar-based music.
I've never much cared for what populates the charts, but there have been exceptions.

I want music to engage me emotionally or kinetically - bands where I think they put musicianship over all else leave me cold.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts