Gemini turntable arm upgrade

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
HI EVERYONE!

This is going to sound crazy. But does anyone out there know of an arm upgrade on the Gemini PDT 6000 DJ deck? The reason I ask is that I have moddied the one I have so that it is phono level only (by taking out the trash) as it were. An improvement was noticed, but I would love to upgrade the arm. It's possible with HIFI decks so why can't I do it with this deck?

Can I make my own armboard or is there one available? Has anyone actually took the time and trouble and done it?

I'm not a DJ, but I am hell-bent on the idea of making this DJ deck sound like a hifi deck!

A

Anonymous

dont know anything about your deck but if your going to fit a new arm bear in mind the arm may cost as much as the deck plus youll probably have to make your own arm board

jelco and rega arms are available as are technics arms and providing you get the positioning and height right they should work

another option might be to see if one of the sl1200 arm boards for the rega arms which come up regularly on ebay can be adapted to your deck

if you want to check that the rega or jelco arms will fit have a look at the tonearm database on vinylengine

to begin with try a different cartridge like the ortofon om10 or at95e and see how that sounds

rewiring the arm may also be a good option but i dont know your arm so dont know how easy that would be

A

Anonymous

HI

Many Thanks for the reply! Just for info I already use an AT95e as I find them excellent quality without breaking the bank. I contacted Origin Live but was told they do not make the armboards for the Gemini deck though they LOOK similar the Gemini is smaller diameter. So you are right when you say I might have to make one.

I'm just trying a few different things to enhance sound quality. Maybe isolating the deck will help by putting it on a wall shelf and using good quality isolation feet (not those things that are on it). The arm is the main problem though. Well built deck - shame about the arm! It also helps to bypass the processing in the deck too.

A

Anonymous

if you can run the cables straight from the arm to the interconnect connections whatever they may be that should help

A

Anonymous

HI AGAIN

Yes, already done that and that also elimates ground loop hum. It loses the line-level output and improves other things. Just goes to show how much the audio is processed in these kind of decks....and something has to give!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts