Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum. I need some help with buying a turntable. I am looking to purchase a used Garrard GT 350 AP for 120$. Is in working condition.

I tried to look up reviews of this TT but there are none. Can someone let me know if this TT is worth buying at the mentioned price?

Cheers

Nilesh

Nilesh Engineer said:
Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum. I need some help with buying a turntable. I am looking to purchase a used Garrard GT 350 AP for 120$. Is in working condition.

I tried to look up reviews of this TT but there are none. Can someone let me know if this TT is worth buying at the mentioned price?

Cheers

Nilesh

There are a few on here who would say "avoid Garrard". Having personally owned two Garrard TTs, I can highly recommend them. However, I've no experience of this particular model. Whether it's a good price or not couldn't really say.

You generally tell a condition by its current/previous owners. If it has been serviced then it should be okay. Like any vintage component there's no guarantee.of reliability.

plastic penguin said:
Nilesh Engineer said:
Hi all,

Cheers

Nilesh

There are a few on here who would say "avoid Garrard". Having personally owned two Garrard TTs, I can highly recommend them. However, I've no experience of this particular model. Whether it's a good price or not couldn't really say.

You generally tell a condition by its current/previous owners. If it has been serviced then it should be okay. Like any vintage component there's no guarantee.of reliability.

I agree whole-heartedly with PP. Former Garrard owner myself. Likewise no information on that particular model. Just bear in mind that a turntable of that vintage will probably need a replacement cartridge, so factor this in to budget.

It is vintage, made approximately 1978, but you're not going to get anything new for that money. Ensure it has been serviced though. Replacement belts available from the likes of lpgear.com, however I'd imagined it would have been an idler drive type, apparently not.

Note: some people didn't seem to think a lot of it but if it is intact and working, for that sort of money, it might be worth a look.

The 301 was probably a lot better.

Al ears said:
plastic penguin said:
Nilesh Engineer said:
Hi all,

Cheers

Nilesh

The 301 was probably a lot better.

Or even the SP25 MKV. Absolutely loved that TT. It had a smoked lid. It looked substantial for a budget deck. Pity they haven't got the better reputation.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts