Question Garden Room music set up.

Drunkenjoiner

Feb 13, 2021
Visit site
Hi everyone.
I am in the midst for building a garden room/bar and my thoughts and planning are now moving to the music set up in it. Although there will be a TV in there I will just be relying on its own sound or at best a sounder. I am a Spotify Premium subscriber and that will be my only source for music. I will not be having a cd player or turntable. What will be a good set up please?
Music streamer, stereo amp and speakers?
By this I mean what components would make a good set up, not brands/makes etc.
Also I would, if possible, like to power 4 speakers, 2 at each end of the room (7m X 4m)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

DJ

Last edited:

Gray

Hi everyone.
What will be a good set up please?
Music streamer, stereo amp and speakers?
That's one way.
Another would be to consider one of those nicely compact, great value combined Bluetooth receivers / class D amps.

So easy to put TV sound through it, that you might as well have that through the same speakers.

If you're going to use 4 rather than 2 speakers, watch what you're doing with impedances - make sure any amp will be OK with whatever you end up with.

Drunkenjoiner

Feb 13, 2021
Visit site
That's one way.
Another would be to consider one of those nicely compact, great value combined Bluetooth receivers / class D amps.

So easy to put TV sound through it, that you might as well have that through the same speakers.

If you're going to use 4 rather than 2 speakers, watch what you're doing with impedances - make sure any amp will be OK with whatever you end up with.

Thankyou.
I have just been looking at the Yamaha WXA-50 Wireless Streaming Amplifier which I assume is along the lines of what you are describing.
To be honest it looks perfect, especially if I forget the 4 speakers and use two wall mounted decent hifi speakers.
Does this sound about right?

Many thanks
DJ

Reactions: Gray

Gray

Thankyou.
I have just been looking at the Yamaha WXA-50 Wireless Streaming Amplifier which I assume is along the lines of what you are describing.
To be honest it looks perfect, especially if I forget the 4 speakers and use two wall mounted decent hifi speakers.
Does this sound about right?

Many thanks
DJ
Yes, I reckon that Yamaha would be a good choice. Versatile little unit.
Plenty of power for speakers (good idea to stick with 2, like you said).
As well as Spotify / internet radio etc. you get the option to connect any stored music you might have, directly to it.
It's optical input would take the TV sound too.

There's something to be said for keeping things separate - streamer, DAC, BT receiver, amps etc. when you've got the space and don't mind different boxes - not least being able to upgrade individual parts.....and if one bit fails, you don't lose everything - though stuff is generally reliable enough not to be a worry.

For some situations like yours, the all-in-one would seem ideal.
(Bluesound Powernode owners might advise you to put it on your shortlist).

Reactions: Drunkenjoiner

Stalgrim

Jan 4, 2022
Visit site
Naim mu-so 2 is amazing. If you have enough budget someday to get it, you should do it without any regrets! If you want to have a music room in your garden room, you should think of a proper wiring system there. If the distance between your house and the garden room is huge, then it's gonna be difficult to wire. You should be careful and leave it to professionals. When I read an article at homegardenroom.com about garden rooms, I understood the importance of the electricity part. Short circuits are common in garden rooms because people set up wiring incorrectly.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts