Gaming on Projectors

bballtom

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Does anyone on here play games using a projector? The reason I ask is that I’m considering a projector early in the New Year. I have a PS3, Xbox 360 and a Wii that I use for Blu Ray and HD DVD as well as games.

Just wanted to know how good it is? Really fancy playing Halo 3 or Call of Duty 4 on a huge screen, as well as watching Blu Ray films. Already use my 42” Samsung plasma which is good but is the investment worth it? I probably play games slightly more than I do films but not much, watch a lot of DVD’s as TV is usually so rubbish!

Any opinions?

A

Anonymous

i have been using a projector for xbox 360 and ps3, and very good it is too---- my sons also love playing on big screen they love there footy games this brings the games alive for them, but all types of games work a treat---- blu ray discs are also somthing else on a projector, try for a demo before you buy then decide..

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
We have installed the sensor just below the screen in a number of projects and it works just fine. We have had a problem or two with them at the top of the screen with the light from the PJ but in all cases with a bit of experimentation we have got it working.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
I had to install a load of equipment inc. wii for a projector setup and we had no problems fitting the light bar but it is certainly a consideration as you're playing right in front of the screen. There are plenty of good sites around that can recommend screens and projectors based on your room size and layout etc. I spoke to Roy Jowett and creative-audio and both were very helpful when I bought my own.

I remember when I first got it and I was playing a mate online at Call of Duty and where as before he would comfortably beat me, with a big screen and a spotter (mate) I was able to pick him off with ease! Playing on the pj is brilliant and adds to the whole experience. For the odd game, I just use the plasma for for a prolonged session, I switch to the pj.

A

Anonymous

You may also want to take input lag into account if your a serious gamer. Normal LCDs have an average input lag of 30ms which i think is too much, the Sony 4500 has 0-10ms with game mode switched on and that is quite close to CRTs. I dont know about projectors but it may be worth doing some research on the subject. Higher input = ruined online multiplayer gaming.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
No lag on my pj. I think lag is only really an issue with the newer LED models. On the whole LCD tend to get recommended to gamers but on the most recent plasma screens (which don't suffer from IR) they're catching up. I have no problems with either of my displays for gaming.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts