Gaming mouse for a beginner ?

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
As above really.

Used to an Xbox Controller but have sold the Xbox and now only casually playing games on pc.

Have a microsoft xbox controller adaptor for pc but it doesnt work for all games.

Primarily Call of Duty franchise. I like 1st person shooters.

Have tried playing with a standard mouse but its taking time to get used to it ( in fact Im useless with it so far ).

Looked at Amazon and they seem to sell lots of cheap gaming mouse in there top ten - is this the right place to start ?

Dont want to spend a fortune.

What do you think please ?

A

Anonymous

Razer are a good place to start, the Deathadder isn't too expensive (£40 ish). It's well shaped, responsive and very reliable. I throw mine about the room daily and it's still perfect! Avoid those Microsoft Sidewinder ones, they're very oddly shaped and the macro button is horribly placed.

Another recommended one is the Roccat Kone.

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Alantiggger said:
Forget about all the more expensive ones... for PC gaming... buy the Trust 'predator' which has a 'triple-fire ' button to boot ... brilliant gamer mouse and not expensive at all but will out perform many a more expensive mouse... I know this to be true :)

found here : http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Trust_GM-4200_USB_Gamer_Optical_Mouse_157258.html

Thats more like it ! Nice and cheap unlike the Razers ( which I am told are very good btw but a bit pricey ).

It does seem very cheap though but hey if you say its good then so be it.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Razer Copperhead has worked excellently for me for years. Well recommended.
smiley-cool.gif
+1 on the Deathadder for £40.

Zag

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Had my Logitech MX518 for approx 3 years now and have been very happy with it. Don't think it is too expensive either but can't really remember!

A

Anonymous

Zag said:
Had my Logitech MX518 for approx 3 years now and have been very happy with it. Don't think it is too expensive either but can't really remember!
£28 at Argos.......
smiley-smile.gif

tomayresss

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
MX518 is a great mouse, have used it several times and it's regularly discounted to c.£18 if you wait around a bit.

Personally I prefer the Deathadder which is what I have - It's twice the price but the build quality is very impressive.

A

Anonymous

It all depends on what you want from the mouse.

A gaming mouse will generally update 1000 times a second; conventional mice will be slower - but will that extra 2-3 milliseconds really make a difference when your ping might be 50-200ms, depending upon where the server is located and what your broadband is like?

Another plus point for a gaming mouse is the higher resolution; but for most games you'll probably not be wanting to go much above 1000 DPI, unless it is a really twitchy game.

One other advantage is that a gaming mouse may have extra buttons that you can assign to keystrokes, so that you can switch weapons, throw your 'nade, spot, whatever, just by pressing a button on the mouse.

I know that this can hardly be described as budget, but I have a Logitech G700, which is an absolute beauty; very comfortable for me and has resolution up to 5700 DPI, switchable "on the fly" (I use 1000 for normal use, but switch to 4000 when I'm in a tank or manning a turret (Planetside 2). The G700 has loads of extra buttons on it which I use for Weapons 1, 2, 3, grenade, spot enemy, interact, melee.

josh05

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely love my Steelseries Sensei and its cheap as for the level of performance in Australia anyway.. not sure what it retails for in the UK but if you can afford it, its defiantly worth considering :) My mate has the Razer Deathadder and i have to say thats a fantastic mouse as well.. i just found it a little big for the way i play.. I have my sensitivity set really low and mainly play FPS. I find the Steelseries easier to throw around on the mouse pad..

A

Anonymous

No need to be embarrassed. Sharing your experience is still valid....
smiley-smile.gif

mjohndat

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Maybe that thread is old! But i plan to buy gaming mouse to play FPS game, anyone can recomment for me! Logitech g700 seems good? Please give me some advise

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts