Furutech, Russ Andrews etc

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Interesting.

I have been listening to jazz for a couple of hours through the AV receiver using the Tacima. Swapping over directly to the wall outlet brought the impression of more clarity and slightly more lively playback. -

It became clear though that there was a fine granularity to the sound, especially apparent at higher mid, lower and high treble that simply wasn't there before. This was that gave the 'impression' of clarity. It was everything but. There was unmistakeably a higher frequency hash that wasn't there before. It gave music a more unpleasant tonality as well as somewhat smearing the picture, loosing both some dimensionality and timbre. Sound was a little bleached out with bass and cymbals coming over more diffuse and loosing both clarity and sweetness.

Differences are not life changing, rather subtle yet ... audible. One was simply more relaxing to listen to and 'together'.

Introducing the Tacima didnt stiffle dynamics in the least.

regards

PJ1200

Jan 4, 2008
Visit site
Interesting thoughts here.

I have 3 sets of Tacima conditioners in my house. One to run my hifi, one to run my AV kit and one to run my router/NAS stuff.

Have I heard/noticed any difference? Perhaps on the hifi, but little else if I'm honest. I did note that my mains wifi extenders that I use for my Sky box stopped talking to each other (so couldn't get Anytime+/OnDemand) and had to plug these directly into the mains sockets, which I found interesting.

Will try plugging my stereo amp into the mains as suggested above to see if that makes any noticable difference.

I think the gains on these things (also bought a Clearer Audio mains lead for my TV) are negligible to be honest, which is a shame because I've spent probably close to £200 on 3 mains conditioners and a power lead and that money could have probably been better spent.

Just my two pennies worth!

A

Anonymous

I've got a Tacima, but I feed my amp directly from the mains and not the block. This decision is based on the fact that the amp draws more current from the mains than the other bits of kit. The amp therefore gets it's own supply. This arrangement works fine for me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts