FULL SET UP TESTS

robg1976

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
HI guys i was thinking what about a new section for the mag.. WE know you test all the latest gear and repot your findings. how about testing complete set ups for example a cd player amp and speaker set up this way we can get an idea of what gear go well with other stuff, some times a 5 star product will not give a good performance with some other 5 star products you could try different cables with them to see what gives best results. I know we all know that in most cases lets say a NAD AMP will sound great with the matching cd player. But we are not always sure what speakers to match them with and wich interconnects and speaker cables will give best results. I know this can be a tricky area as other factors come in to play for example the room your system is placed but it might give new comers more info and who know could be intersting for all of us...MANY THANKS

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi there,

Good shout - though we always have a 'now add these' line-up for all Group and Supertest winners in the magazine, which includes the perfect partners, plus we run regular systems round-ups, too (always a big hi-fi one in the January issue every year, plus a home cinema one around Sept time).

Our Ultimate Guide to Systems - which comes out each Spring - also covers a lot of ideal set-ups, and each 'UG' now also includes perfect partners for all the Best Buys....

... and talking of which - our Best Buys section here online includes 'Now Add These' suggestions for our top-rated kit.

But we can always do more!

robg1976

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
thanks for reply sure i am aware of your recent add these and i think they are great but maybe a full review of them with good and bad point would be great and maybe trying mix and match of different products from various maanufactours...in conclusion this is not a complaint as i value you reviews but could be an interesting addition to the mag maybe a one off special on it.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
maybe you could do a review of your recommended set-ups at various price levels and say in more detail what it is about the combo that gels so well, and what you might change to accomodate different tastes.

really like the new site, btw. it's really good having fingertip access to the reviews.
emotion-1.gif

robg1976

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
it would be great to find out what a nad amp might sound like with a c.a cd player and mix other stuff to see what works. as you know we the customers find it hard to try this as some dealers dont always stock every thing. bit what hi-fi has the ability to do this for us...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts