Fugazi on vinyl

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Hey,

They may be too niche a band to be of interest to many people, but for those who like them, HMV are selling the Fugazi re-masters (re-mastered from the original master tapes) for £6.99 a pop.

I got 'In On The Kill Taker' yesterday, and it sounds great.

A

Anonymous

Excellent band i've got the discord records versions of repeater and red medicen but it might be worth re-investing in these re-masters if they're that cheap
emotion-1.gif

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
bretty:
Hey,

They may be too niche a band to be of interest to many people, but for those who like them, HMV are selling the Fugazi re-masters (re-mastered from the original master tapes) for £6.99 a pop.

I got 'In On The Kill Taker' yesterday, and it sounds great.

Yes, it's a great sound, isn't it?

I've got the vinyl from first time round and it's a fairly regular spin. Great stuff.

Along similar lines, my Husker Du vinyl collection is also oft-played when I need a solid blast of guitars flecked with melody. Bob Mould's solo & Sugar albums sound fantastic on vinyl too. Thick strands of lovely guitars (and on Workbook, cellos too).

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Before I read this, I thought you were talkin about a fake, a "fugazi" as in Donnie Brasco..! Anyway, thanks for the recommendation - "Waiting Room" is a cool number..

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
All I know about Fugazi is:

"I think you guys should play more music, like Fugazi!"

"We're not Fugazi. We're not Fugazi!"

I'll be amazed if anyone knows where that's from, without resorting to google (or any other search engine...).

A

Anonymous

the_lhc:All I know about Fugazi is:

I'll be amazed if anyone knows where that's from, without resorting to google (or any other search engine...).i tried google but no joy, now i really want to know
emotion-8.gif

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
maxflinn:the_lhc:All I know about Fugazi is:

I'll be amazed if anyone knows where that's from, without resorting to google (or any other search engine...).i tried google but no joy, now i really want to know
emotion-8.gif

It's from the album "Play More Music" by Consolidated, bit obscure I know.

A

Anonymous

yea i found out about the band, and the album.. and the various meanings of "fugazi", and the author "mark baker" who used the term in his book "nam". but i was looking for the words in the context of a movie, so hit a blank..

A

Anonymous

i know, i wrongly assumed it was, the phrase sounded like something an italian american mobster who's mistakingly being taken for a "fugazi" might plead before someone put a cap in him and his buddys a****. given that one meaning for fugazi is of a "fake"..

so i went off on a movie tangent
emotion-15.gif

edit.. sorry about the thread hi-jack bretty
emotion-10.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts