Frustrated by Aiport Express

sensei_russ

Jun 11, 2008
Visit site
Had some free time this afternoon so decided to finally go and buy an airport express.

Have just spent the past 2 hours trying to get the blooming thing to work :(

All I get is a flashing amber light whilst my face goes a shade of red in annoyance.....

I've done a search on google and the flashing amber light seems to be a common problem.

Set-up via the disc that came in the package seemed to go ok but now Airport utility either cannot find my airport express or its says that it's not connected to the internet. I've actually got it connected via an ethernet cable and it still won't work.... blast!

Any ideas....please?!

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
turn all your networked equipment off.
Reboot your router.
Then turn on your computer that will supply the music.
Then turn on the AE.

I haven't got one, but had a few teething problems with my Squeezebox, and this method worked.

sensei_russ

Jun 11, 2008
Visit site
Thanks fr0g.

Tried as per your instructions but didnt work.

Apparently airport utilites cannot read from my express.

I have very quickly approached the point where I want to smash it to pieces (and I'm normally a patient kinda person).

Can't believe that it's sooo hard to set-up. Isn't Apple stuff supposed to be user friendly?!

I've tried about 8 different methods to try and get this working using other methods listed on forums. It also seems that a lot of other people just cannot get it to work.

Thanks again for your help though, if you think of anything else please let me know.

sensei_russ

Jun 11, 2008
Visit site
Fixed it!

Correction.............

As the words left my fingertips the blinking thing has stopped working.... (believe me I wanted to use far stronger language just then). Blast!

Well I fixed it first time thanks to a posting on the apple site, the link is below.
If I've got it going once I can do it again, hopefully quicker than 4 hours of frustration.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1654788&tstart=15

sensei_russ

Jun 11, 2008
Visit site
It's a miracle.....!!!

Got home just now ready for a show-down with the AE.

Had been psyching myself up all day ready for a fight to the death (had printed off 39 pages of possible fixes from various internet forums).

So, I hook the AE back up, and guess what - the green light comes on and stays on! Maybe the AE was feeling sorry for me after putting me through 6 hours of technological hell yesterday (I finally threw the towell in at midnight last night).

Fingers crossed it stays working. Then for some comparisons in sound quality between the AE + dac and my previous set up of usb soundcard to dac.

I haven't forgiven the AE yet for all the stress and annoyance yesterday, but in time I may forget...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts