From windows to Mac book pro

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
That's excellent but I think you will still need to accept there are a few things that are just simply different and you will still have a short learning curve before you're motoring. Best way if you're stuck is let google be your friend and see if there's a faster way of doing something that you find less intuitive on the Mac, rather than just saying "this don't work like Windows", you're right it doesn't in many ways, and you just have to get used to it doing things a little differently :)

ive got a few links and YouTube videos saved in my bookmarks already on how to use the Mac, and I'm pretty ok with it now. The main issue was with office be caused I'd been so used to using the latest version and 2011 was different in terms of location of certain items and also there were a few bugs/issues with it. All sorted now though!

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Series1boy said:
After over 25 years of using windows software, my shear frustration with windows 8.1 has pushed me to purchase a new mac book pro. Even windows 95 and vista was better!

what a difference this OS is but I am disappointed with office 365. It seems to be the 2011 version and my understanding the point if 365 you are always up to date with the software. so what's the point of renting this when it's never updated. Are Microsoft going tochange this because I might as well buy the package..?

Windows 7 was cool, Windows 8.1 is fab tbh if you have half a brain to get around it.

Windows 95 and Vista, you're having a baby or a full-on mealt-down if you think that these 'things' were good, lol.

8.1 is actually quite decent, wouldn't touch Windows 10 though.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Alantiggger said:

that's kind of an odd thing to say imho as windows 10 is basically windows 8.1 with a lot of the annoyances etc taken out that people complained about with windows 8.1

They're both pretty much the same under the hood.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Alantiggger said:
Series1boy said:
After over 25 years of using windows software, my shear frustration with windows 8.1 has pushed me to purchase a new mac book pro. Even windows 95 and vista was better!

what a difference this OS is but I am disappointed with office 365. It seems to be the 2011 version and my understanding the point if 365 you are always up to date with the software. so what's the point of renting this when it's never updated. Are Microsoft going tochange this because I might as well buy the package..?

Windows 7 was cool, Windows 8.1 is fab tbh if you have half a brain to get around it.

Windows 95 and Vista, you're having a baby or a full-on mealt-down if you think that these 'things' were good, lol.

windows 95 was the revolution of the new windows format I.e. The start button which was a first moving from the old 'program manager'....

Windows 8.1 is poor in terms of reliability from a business point of view. You'll find most businesses have opted to stay on windows 7 due to its stability. Only your small sme and some large businesses have moved to 8.1 and then some have reinstalled windows 7.

windows 10 looks like it is moving back to the old times and hopefully they have got it right this time, time will tell..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts