From Musical Fidelity A3 to Marantz SR7008

AnMa

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Hello to you all,

Long time reader, first time poster. Not sure if should be posting in HiFi or Home Cinema but here it goes:

Due to mostly the digital connections I've been thinking of going from a pure stereo amplifier(MF A3)to an AVR(was thinking mostly of the SR7800. Using an AVR would allow me to connect a PS3, cable set up box with HDMI, older Pioneer DVD-SACD player. Other advantages are the streaming possibilities, which I'd very much start using. I only use a single pair of speakers(Sonus Faber Grand Piano) , have no home cinema ambitions.

What are your thoughts, will the Marantz be able to drive my speakers properly? Are there any users using this machine for stereo only and, if so, what are your experiences?

Thanks so much, looking forward to your answers! 8)

Paul.

I think the odds of finding someone who has made this comparison are relatively slim unfortunately.

I have the older version (SR7007) which I'm very fond of. It bests the Marantz PM7200 stereo amplifier but I have not heard your amp.

T

the record spot

I'd say give it a spin. Not heard the Marantz but no quibbles around any of the audio performance of my Onkyo amp. I think I'd only swap it out for some McIntosh gear.

TRENDING THREADS