admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

Is there a Freeview box/recorder, out there somewhere that will allow me to record more than two programmes at once, going out at the same time and watch another, while all this is going on?

Thanks,

Neil.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well, a twin-tuner Freeview recorder should let you record two stations at once, while a Freeview TV will have its own tuner, so you can watch via that while the box is recording.

But I don't know of any three-tuner boxes...

Cliff1

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
As Andrew says,you will need 3 tuners.

I can record two different things & watch a third.I had a dvd/hdd recorder with a tuner before i bought a twin tuner pvr,didn't buy it for this purpose & didn't know it would work till i tried it.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
I thought there were freeview recorders on the market that could record more than two programs (or record 2 and watch another) provided that two of the programs in question were on the same MUX? I'm sure I read about that a couple of months ago.

Cliff1

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
Just to say that my pvr will not allow me to record 2 different things at the same time to it.If i want to do this,I record one to the dvd recorder,one to the pvr & watch the third on the 2nd pvr tuner.

Thought i'd mention this in case you maybe have a freeview box that doesn't record or a tv with a tuner & might be thinking that you would be able to record 2 things to a twin pvr.Mine will not let me.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
the_lhc:I thought there were freeview recorders on the market that could record more than two programs (or record 2 and watch another) provided that two of the programs in question were on the same MUX? I'm sure I read about that a couple of months ago.

Yup, my Topfield TF5800 lets you record two and watch another on the same MUX. You can't record three at a time though, no matter the MUX.ÿ

ÿ

John Duncan

the_lhc:I thought there were freeview recorders on the market that could record more than two programs (or record 2 and watch another) provided that two of the programs in question were on the same MUX? I'm sure I read about that a couple of months ago.

I thought my Humax did that, but not sure it's ever happened.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts