Freeview recorders

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
Looking to get a Hard Disk recorder for Freeview channels. A couple i've seen have Freeview Receiver built in, which obviously works as your receiver when connecting to a non-digital tv, but how will it work if you connect to a tv that is already used to view freeview - you essentially have 2 receivers, so which are you watching and which are you recording ? Any recommendations for a good recorder ? Cheers

A

Anonymous

I use a Panasonic DMR-EX87 with a TH-50PX, a very good machine, the tuner is very slightly better than the inbuilt TV one, the upscaling is great on the DVD's, and it records to HDD or DVD, it also takes SD cards for camera piccy's ...connect it to the TV with a decent HDMI cable. The Sony equivalent is also very well thought of....(however a 'competitor' magazine just this month also selected the Panasonic over the Sony.. ).Ref the two receivers - you can watch either one on the TV, - yr choice, and you record from the one in the 'recorder'... however, you don't have to watch it while you record. it.

A

Anonymous

If you don't want DVD recording ability then I can definitely recommend the Humax 9200T. It has twin tuners and a 160GB hard drive. Think Sky+ but for Freeview, and with a recent free firmware upgrade now has Series Link on channels that support it.

Doesn't matter whether you have an IDTV or not. In fact if you do, it is sometimes useful if you are recording 2 channels on the Humax and want to watch a third, you can revert to the TV tuner.

A

Anonymous

the DigifusionFVRT200 also gets good reviews altho it only has an 80gb hdd , also cheaper than the Humax :) Well worth considering checking ebay out for good prices

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
Yes, the Humax was one of the ones i was looking at. My mother is buying for herself so i'm not looking to spend too much (so the Humax fits the bill) plus i want it as user friendly as possible (which it seems to be from reviews i've read).

Thanks for the info.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts