Freeview or Freesat (HD)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Dear all,

It seems that my new place has a satellite dish and a regular antenna, so I don't know what to use. I have a Dutch TV, so will probably need a set-top box in any case.

I think I may go for a Humax, since they get the best reviews.

Any reason why I should choose one over the other? Obviously, I can't be sure about reception, though according to the Freeview website HD should be available.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Hedgehog

ukdavej

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Hedgehog said:
Dear all,

It seems that my new place has a satellite dish and a regular antenna, so I don't know what to use. I have a Dutch TV, so will probably need a set-top box in any case.

I think I may go for a Humax, since they get the best reviews.

Any reason why I should choose one over the other? Obviously, I can't be sure about reception, though according to the Freeview website HD should be available.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Hedgehog

I would go for the freeview option as for you it will probably be easier and cheaper in the long run.

I have both freeview and freesat in my TV and TBH, freesat is slightly better on my Panasonic. However, I have the luxury of an old Sky dish on my house, it wasn't a custom install.

Most buildings will have some form of regular antenna access so if you went down the freeview box route you will still be OK if you moved again and your new place didn't have a dish. However, if you go with Freesat you'll always need a dish which isn't always available.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, Dave. That last point is actually quite relevant, since I will be moving again in 2 years or so. However, I may be able to borrow a freesat HD box long term, so might give it a go nonetheless. It may depend on the iPlayer performance, I think I'd like that very much.

Hedgehog

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts