freesat problem

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Is it my signal or have zone horror and zone horror +1 been blocked they are there but i am unable to watch them. Also no scuzz, can get them on non freesat but thats a pain.

bullitt

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Yeah i noticed that, also when will we see more HD channels on freesat ? especialy as weve had the switchover , or is it just freeing up the bandwidth just for sky ?

daveh75

eremis6:Is it my signal or have zone horror and zone horror +1 been blocked they are there but i am unable to watch them. Is it a Humax STB you're using? As i know some users lost access to ZH and ZH+1 after the recent firmware update of Humax STB's. Try doing a retune,or if that doesn't work,a factory reset + retune as that seemed to solve the issue for most users.

eremis6:Also no scuzz, can get them on non freesat but thats a pain.Scuzz was replaced with Flava on the EPG.

Scuzz and Flava are both owned/operated by CSC media.I guess you'd have to ask them why they replaced Scuzz with Flava!!

As you noted correctly though,Scuzz is still available in non-freesat mode,so it's not a total loss.

daveh75

bullitt:also when will we see more HD channels on freesat?Who knows?

Broadcasters who rely solely on advertising revenue are having a hard time at moment.

bullitt:especialy as weve had the switchover , or is it just freeing up the bandwidth just for sky ?Neither,DSO has absolutely nothing to do with satellite broacasting whatsoever. DSO only effects DTT/Freeview....

bullitt

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
daveh75:

Broadcasters who rely solely on advertising revenue are having a hard time at moment.

bullitt:especialy as weve had the switchover , or is it just freeing up the bandwidth just for sky ?Neither,DSO has absolutely nothing to do with satellite broacasting whatsoever. DSO only effects DTT/Freeview....

What ? DSO has everyrthing to do with it surely ! i thought the DSO was to free up the bandwidth to allow more HD channels, infact im sure i read it on here somewhere !

daveh75

bullitt:daveh75:

What ? DSO has everyrthing to do with it surely ! i thought the DSO was to free up the bandwidth to allow more HD channels, infact im sure i read it on here somewhere !Nope.Digital switch over only concerns DTT/Freeview!

Firstly,DSO was never about creating extra capacity for HD,or SD for that matter.The analogue capacity/bandwidth is being sold off to the highest bidder.

Freeview HD has to exist within the current DTT/Freeview capacity,hence the need for new DVB T2-MPEG4 standard.

Secondly, it wouldn't be technically possible to re-use the terrestrial analogue frequencies to increase capacity for satellite broadcasting,not least,because they occupy complety different parts of the RF/electro-magnetic spectrum,as well as various others technicalities.

UK terrestrial television occupies part of the UHF band- between 474 MHz and 850 MHz range

UK/EU satellite television occupies part of the Ku band- between 10.7 GHz and 12.75 GHz range

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts