FreeSat - no Dave ?

Gti Jazz Blue

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Considering going for a FreeSat HD setup as we aren't due to get FreeView HD until the switch over in our region (Meridian) in 2012.

Also my understanding is that FreeView HD is going to be fairly limited channel count due to the limited bandwidth.

Our existing Humax 9200 is starting to play up and so will need to decide soon.

My only concern is that I like to follow the WRC and from what I can see from the FreeSat website Dave isn't included.

If I switch am I going to have to hang on to my old 9200 in order to be able to record the WRC ?

Any other pitfalls to watch out making the switch ? No danger of FreeSat disappearing in the future, is it funded OK ?

Intend to install my own dish and have access to a sat meter.Thanks.

Paul

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Gti Jazz Blue:

Considering going for a FreeSat HD setup as we aren't due to get FreeView HD until the switch over in our region (Meridian) in 2012.

Also my understanding is that FreeView HD is going to be fairly limited channel count due to the limited bandwidth.

Our existing Humax 9200 is starting to play up and so will need to decide soon.

My only concern is that I like to follow the WRC and from what I can see from the FreeSat website Dave isn't included.

If I switch am I going to have to hang on to my old 9200 in order to be able to record the WRC ?

Any other pitfalls to watch out making the switch ? No danger of FreeSat disappearing in the future, is it funded OK ?

Intend to install my own dish and have access to a sat meter.Thanks.

Paul

You are correct, sadly no Dave. Otherwise I am pleased with mine.

daveh75

Gti Jazz Blue:

Also my understanding is that FreeView HD is going to be fairly limited channel count due to the limited bandwidth.Correct, Freeview only has the capacity for a maximum of 5 HD channels...

If I switch am I going to have to hang on to my old 9200 in order to be able to record the WRC ?Yes,youre going to need to hang onto your 9200, as although its a non-subscription/free channel on DTV it isn't on satellite, it's a subscription channel.So only available to Sky subscribers.

No chance of Freesat disappearing, as it's funded by the BBC/ITV and they have a regulatory responsibility to do so.

Only negative imo, is lack of HD content...

Gti Jazz Blue

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the answers.

I have a few specific on the Humax Foxsat HDR but I will start a new posting.

Any other sat boxes that are worth looking at ?

Paul

daveh75

Gti Jazz Blue:
Yes twin tuner PVR required.In which case the Humax Foxsat HDR is the best of the current crop of Freesat PVRs, imo...

I would also like DLNA Server capability if possible, be great to be able to watch recordings on our other TVs.

Paul No Freesat boxes current have this capability. But if i recall the Humax HDR2 will when it's launched, the only problem being the release date keeps slipping and i believe the current estimate for release is early 2011.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts