Freesat in Luxembourg

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello All,

I live in rural Luxembourg.  I really miss British TV.  Surfing around this morning I discovered that BBC, Channel 4 etc are all available on FreeSat.  I gather though that FreeSat has a footprint tightly targeted at the British Isles.  My question - is it even worth investigating whether i will be able to get FreeSat in Luxembourg?  If so, what should I look for and what kind of dish + receiver do I need?

I'd much appreciate any help

daveh75

Astra2 D (the satellite the majority of channels on Freesat broadcast from) does indeed have a tight 'UK footprint'. However it is receivable throughout most of Europe with larger dishes,

Footprint maps/reception reports suggest reliable reception in Luxembourg with 70cm - 100cm dishes. However this is only a rough guide, as fringe reception can be patchy.So i suggest you contact a local installer, who will have a much better idea of the dish size needed in your location.

As for Freesat receivers, if you only want a single tuner model then i'd recommend either the Humax Foxsat-HD or Technisat HDFS, or if you want an twin tuner PVR then the Humax Foxsat-HDR..

The Humax boxes are ideally suited as they have very sensitive tuners, which means they're excellent for weak/fringe reception throughout Europe.

Only other advice would be to avoid the Harvard range of receivers ( Bush,Goodmans, Grundig) as they're really poor.

Have a look HERE for more info on all the Freesat receiver that are available

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Hi all!
Not sure if my info is relevant, but I live in Norway and with the help of a Channelmaster 1.2 metre dish and a 0.3dB LNB, I get great reception on both my Samsung Sky HD and FoxSat HD tuners.
In fact the only problem is with BBC 2 but that's taken care of by using BBC iPlayer and a PC.

A

Anonymous

Hello,

I have lot of experience with receiving English channels in Luxembourg where I also live. Fell free to contact me on 691928309.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts