Freesat High-Definition Con-trick

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Is it just me or do others think that Freesat HD is a con-trick ? Much is made of the "free" HD content, but there is very little at all, and what there is is pretty awful. There seems to be no ITV HD at all despite the claims, and BBC HD content is pretty dreadful and evenings only.

I think I have been conned into buying the Humax HDR box.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
There's plenty of ITV HD content being shown usually later in the evening the fast & the furious was shown in HD the other night, i'm guessing/pressuming that more HD channels will come to freesat later in the year, i have a freesat TV & i am very happy with it.

A

Anonymous

I agree with you 'oldfashion',Freesat HD has promised much from the start yet delivered little.I,ve owned one since the summer and have been repeatedly told "More channels each month!" Well i haven't seen them.
How about an HD film channel,it dosen't have to be new releases.Does anyone know the situation with channel 4HD? Is it ever coming to freesat?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Oldfashioned user:
Is it just me or do others think that Freesat HD is a con-trick ? Much is made of the "free" HD content, but there is very little at all, and what there is is pretty awful. There seems to be no ITV HD at all despite the claims, and BBC HD content is pretty dreadful and evenings only.

You haven't been conned. It's quite obvious which HD channels they can show and a bit of googling before buying would have told you this. You can't expect too much - it's free, the box is only £150 and you get an hdmi upscaling unit for that. If I didn't have Sky HD (and I have to have it for football at least), I would get a Humax box without doubt.

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
Oldfashioned user:

There will be more HD content, but you'll probably have to wait. In the meantime, you haven't been conned, you've got an HDMI connection to your TV which gives you better quality SD broadcasts.

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
BBC HD is curently on a 4 hour per day schedule. I believe thats going to be increased very shortly.

Some programmes are sublime whilst others are average. eg Natural World "Mountains of the Monsoon" looked Blu Ray in many scenes. As for ITV HD, quality is lower and its red button only but don't write it off, there is still some good programming.

Rumours are CH4 HD might be joining in the non too distant future.

The HD bit certainly isn't a con. My PVR currently has:

• 2 episodes of Natural World HD
  • 5 epsiodes of Oceans HD
  • 2 episodes of Earth Power of the Planet
  • 2 x Wallace & Grommit Films
  • 5 episodes of Live at the Apollo comedy
  • Bruce Almighty Film
  • King Kong Film
  • 2 x Pirates of the Caribbean Films
  • Chronicles of Narnia Film

all recorded in HD from Freesat. There have been additional HD programmes and films that I haven't recorded.

If you want more HD then yes Sky is you're only option but then again Sky costs around £37 per month min and I understand you only get HD channels that match your SD package so for HD on a lot of channels you need to subscrive for a hell of a lot more than £37pm. eg. Want HD footy, you need to subscribe for the sports package in SD which pumps the price up. HD footy is free on Freesat.

A

Anonymous

You need to get sky, but as I sky hd customer I don't get freesat? there was a footy match on the other week, only on freesat, ticked me right off. How do I get a freesat card? are they expensive?

ss

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts