Freecom NAS problems. Help. JD?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a 500gb freecom NAS drive. Same one JD has two of i think. "Freecom External Network HDD 500GB USB2.0 LAN NAS Drive" I've always been told that "//fnd not available you do not have permission to access" when i click on it in my network places, but the last few weeks i've been getting this message every 20 nins or so and i can't work out how to make it stop. I access it by mapping the folders to a network drive rather than going onto the disc Wondering if anyone has any ideas and could help. Searching the web only tells me others experience this too with no joy.

John Duncan

fast eddie:I have a 500gb freecom NAS drive. Same one JD has two of i think.

"Freecom External Network HDD 500GB USB2.0 LAN NAS Drive"

I've always been told that "//fnd not available you do not have permission to access" when i click on it in my network places, but the last few weeks i've been getting this message every 20 nins or so and i can't work out how to make it stop. I access it by mapping the folders to a network drive rather than going onto the disc

Wondering if anyone has any ideas and could help. Searching the web only tells me others experience this too with no joy.

Yes, though I now use one as storage connected directly, and one as backup. I seem to recall when I set it up I had to go in and set permissions for subfolders as well as the main one - presumably you have lots of directories under the root?

A

Anonymous

Yeah i remember doing that, and i created two accounts with access to all folders, but I was never asked for verification. only told that for the root I had no access, but i could quite happily map //fnd/Ed or //fnd/music to a drive letter and access it that way, just not the main //FND.*

There are 3 folders under the root (possibly 4 depending on how the default 'public' folder works)

Anyhow it used to work fine (well except for the fact that i can't access the folders through some programs but i think thats down to their interaction with windows7 since it was ok on vista), but now i keep getting the error message.

*I'm not sure i have the forward slaches the right way round here, but its accademic since its just an example

John Duncan

One should always be aware of the direction of one's slashes.

Have you tried disconnecting the network drive and reattaching it, making sure you select to remember password when you type in the credentials?

A

Anonymous

Maybe that's the problem; I've never been asked for a password other than logging on as admin.

TRENDING THREADS