Free Pioneer BDP-LX54

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
I know the LX83 would be extremely ggod with the Q500's, but I'm sure the Q700/900 would be more appropriate......thats all I'm saying, David....

I would expect the Marantz SR7005 or LX73 to be a more suitable match, price wise.....

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Those will be fine
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi:How far are these manufacturer promotions going to go?! Great for the consumer!
emotion-1.gif

Hi David, have you tried the new LX54 blu-ray player with any Pioneer amps yet? I've heard that there are a few issues with CD playback and lip-sync with blu-rays. Inception and Terminator 2 Skynet Edtion seem to throw up the most complaints, with some disk refusing to even load. There's also no sign of You Tube function or iControl feature. What's your verdict? Any news could save me making a costly mistake. Thanks.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi Jase

Well if it's free, who cares?!!

We've been using the LX54 in our middle demo room (along with the BDPLX91) and not really had many issues yet, but then, we don't have thousands of films for demo! The only one I know that failed to read was Mamma Mia (which I'm actually quite glad about, as I've avoided any sight or sound of it thus far). I've got Inception, which I'll take into work tomorrow and see if I get a problem.

Lip synch issues vary from film to film, and in some cases, scene to scene. Most amps will need to be set to about 90/100ms delay, although I've had some films up to 270ms.

I've never used any YouTube type functionon any Bluray player, so can't really comment on that side of things - our demos tend to be playing Blurays or playing CD's
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS