Free Pioneer BDP-LX54

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just spotted this deal in sevenoaks.

Buy any of the LX range of receivers and claim a free BDP-LX54 3D blu-ray player, plus the amps have up to £300 off as well!

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
How far are these manufacturer promotions going to go?! Great for the consumer!
emotion-1.gif

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Can you describe the difference, or is it a case of audition and see if you prefer one over the other?

Pioneer's are better on 2 channel stereo, though, right?

2020 a worthy upgrade, or wait for the LX73.......

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The Pioneers do go well with the KEF's, but then so do the Denon's - KEF use them
emotion-1.gif

Personally, I'd hold out for an LX73 as I am a fan of their ICE amplification. But then, either will sound great. The Denon will be a little smoother and warmer, the Pioneer more up front and vivid. And my opinion, but the LX73 will be better for movies.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The deal is not just limited to the LX product. You can claim a free BDP430 on the 2020 as well. The LX53 amp with a free LX54 is a great deal but spending the extra to get up to an LX73 is well worth it.

A

Anonymous

mm wonder how much one of these would go for on 2nd hand market - unopened

if one could get 250 or so - would make the 83 at 1400 purchase - which seems quite a bargain

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Was thinking the same thing.........but

no reviews of these blu ray player may make them hard to sell on...especially as Sony seem to be Blu Ray kings are the moment...

Also, if everyone jumps on this deal to do the same thing, I can see fleebay being over saturated with them.....
emotion-3.gif

axman

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
hmm.. I'm wondering if I can get the 2020, and then pay a bit more to upgrade the free gift to the LX54. Obviously not too much more as otherwise, I might as well go for the LX53 receiver.

A

Anonymous

Imagine how I feel - I just bought both an LX73 amp and LX54 BDP a few days before this offer started. Happy with both pieces of equipment but feel I've just lost £370....

A

Anonymous

chris_543:Imagine how I feel - I just bought both an LX73 amp and LX54 BDP a few days before this offer started. Happy with both pieces of equipment but feel I've just lost £370....

thats really annoying - if you bought online or over phone and within 7 days you could return under DSR though ?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the pointer. I bought from SSAV over the phone. I originally ordered between Christmas and New Year but collected last Saturday. I'm not sure if DSR applies because the main mode of selling for SSAV is face-to-face in the shops. They've said they're going to investigate with Pioneer to see if the rules can be bent.

A

Anonymous

Hi Pete,

I'm very happy with the audio from the LX73. I have to admit I need to upgrade my speakers - currently using some 14 year old Mission 734 floorstanders which cost £400 at the time. Nevertheless, the amp sounds great with CD, Blu Ray and iPod sources. The build quality seems great too. I'm feeding an LX54 BDP, Sky HD box and xBox360 through the LX73.

My only comment on the design is that I would prefer to have the iPod connections around the back so I could just leave the cable connected and sitting to one side.With the connections under the front pannel I have to disconnect the iPod cable each time I want to close the front pannel - not sure if I'm going to end up with a loose connection after some time (have never experienced a USB cable having a loose connection so maybe it will be ok).

The LX73 replaces an old Yamaha av receiver - about 12 yrs old - cant remember the model number and working away from home so unfortunately unable to check tonight.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Chris.....

Did you demo any other receiver's or buy blind?

I have a Denon 2310 which is very good, but the LX73 would be another level, I would imagine. I don't use ipod's, but that connection at the front only would do my head in....the machine looks so much nicer/neater with the panel closed...

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I'll be setting my SCLX83 up today Pete - you get a Bluetooth dongle which you can link the iPod to the receiver. I know you can control the amp this way, but I'm not sure you can play files this way - unless someone's already tried it, I'll let you know later :)

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Don't sell your speakers short Pete....

Just listening to music from my iPhone Bluetoothed to the 83 - sounding very good too - better quality than the iPad....

So no need to use the cable for the iPod
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts