Frankenspiel FS1

ngibbs

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know exabtly WHEN these are going to be available. One month after winning their What HiFi award and still no sight nor sound of them. They've had 'On sale soon at Apple Store' on their website for weeks............

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
This is bugging me too.

Twice I have almost pulled the trigger on a set of Soundscience QSBs on amazon. But I keep thinking that as soon as I do, the Frankenspiels might just go on sale.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
It's very frustrating. All in Apple's hands - they'll list them when they're ready, it seems. And until they've had their exclusive period of retailing them, no-one else can sell them.

Tough position for SoundScience - being picked by Apple is immense for such a small company, but then you have to play by their rules. Guess it's similar to small food suppliers and the supermarkets...

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome said:
Got an update from SoundScience this morning - they're hoping the FS1 speakers will be on sale at Apple Stores this week.

I don't think Apple got the memo.

I just hope this isn't a case of a good product from a smaller company getting 'buried' by the glacial speed of a giant corporation's administrative processes.

The market 'reach' that the Apple Store will give their speakers could be great for SoundScience, but some small companies don't have the wherewithal to wait for long periods, especially if they are sitting on a ton of stock that is 'tied up' and unable to earn money (at a critical time of year for sales) because of an exclusive contract.

(And I want a pair. So I wish they'd get a move on, whoever is to blame for the delay!)

A

Anonymous

I'm quite interested in these, but refuse to set foot in an Apple store. Will they be available anywhere else??

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Indeed - Apple exclusive (inc. online) first. Have seen pics of stock plus had hands-on with the Apple Store packaging (yes, Apple can/do dictate that - to companies much bigger than SoundScience, too), but now it's just over to Apple.

Law unto selves....

A

Anonymous

I have been patiently waiting for these to be available, but I could not wait any longer as they were needed for a Christmas present - so I have gone for the QSB's, they were £49.99 and arrived within a couple of days.

Its a pity Apple seem to be so slow getting them online

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
A case of 'sadly, no' to both 1 & 2 above. Thankfully there have only been very rare availability issues with Awards winners (largely because the team go to great lengths to get assurances the products will be available!). This is the longest saga I can remember, and is damn frustrating all round, because it's a product (effectively) being held hostage by a retailer.

The team are due to catch up with SoundScience at CES next week; hopefully they'll have more info then....

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
Rather annoying, as I am intrested in these also

How loud are these Per channel per speaker?

I'm after a pair for my laptop to use with Spotify, I did have the Lacie Sound2 speakers, which personally i thought were rather average in sound, also they werent that loud......

the baby brother is at a good price at the mo, but at 15 watts per speaker just doesnt seem that loud to me

Soundscience speakers

Joe Cox said:

Can't help thinking that they've missed the Christmas sales rush due to Apple's laxity. I'm not even sure if being an Apple exclusive was such a good idea. Apart from competing in a very tiny market, Apple isn't even advertising the fact that the speaker is an award winner. Things would've been a lot different if it was sold on places like Amazon & Currys....

Also, Apple doesn't appear to take any responsibility for third party products it sells, unlike Amazon:

Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.

Paul.

bigboss said:
Also, Apple doesn't appear to take any responsibility for third party products it sells, unlike Amazon:

Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.

The Apple stores policies are one of the things I really dislike about the company, absolutely shocking if you get on the wrong side of them. I had a store manager refuse point black to replace my phone because it was 13 months old, even though she conceeded that she had never read the consumer goods act. Her argument was replacing a phone over a year old would not be fair to all the people who bought our overpriced extended warrenty? They seem to blatantly ignore the consumer goods act.

It is the retailers responsibility to deal with any warrenty isues not the manufacturer.

daveyjay

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Just wondering, has anyone taken the plunge and bought a pair of these. I kind of gave up on them after the looooooooong wait for availabilty (still never even seen a pair in the flesh, let alone heard them). There is one review on the Apple site, but...

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
I gave up on these in the end and bought....

Corsair SP2500 2.1 speakers

Brilliant speakers for Spotify and even the TV. Though its not going to replace my AV setup

Shame What Hifi haven't reviewed the, they really are that good for everything, the bass design and performance is genius

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Did you get those at the end?

As it is impossible to talk to someone from SoundScience I would need to ask someone from the community for advice.

QSB model has some USB connectivity issues and I wonder if this applies to Frankenspiel model too.

There are some comments in-between Windows 7 users that every time the computer is switch off the speakers USB needs to be reconnected.

Can anyone reply to me before I’ll decide to buy Frankenspiels only to find out they have the same flaw?

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts