Fozgometer

iceman16

Has anyone have use a fozgometer to set cartridge azimuth? Or are there other alternative to set it properly. The fozgometer + HiFi News test record cost a few hundred ££ which I think is a lot of money if your're not a cart swapper.

iceman16 said:
Has anyone have use a fozgometer to set cartridge azimuth? Or are there other alternative to set it properly. The fozgometer + HiFi News test record cost a few hundred ££ which I think is a lot of money if your're not a cart swapper.

I have heard its a good way to do it but as you say expensive if you are not constantly swapping. I use the test LP and my ears. Cheaper that way. ;-)

iceman16

Al ears said:
iceman16 said:

I have heard its a good way to do it but as you say expensive if you are not constantly swapping. I use the test LP and my ears. Cheaper that way. ;-)

Thanks Al.. Just ordered the HFN test LP and for the meantime I have to trust my ears until I can afford a fozgometer.

iceman16 said:
Al ears said:
iceman16 said:

Thanks Al.. Just ordered the HFN test LP and for the meantime I have to trust my ears until I can afford a fozgometer.

Even if you get one and set up turntable with it then it still might sound wrong to you. Use your ears and if it successfully passed most of the tracking tests on the LP, it probably will not, you have done well.

daytona600

Fozgometer does work & excellent device if you want to get the best out of a expensive vinyl rig or if you know someone that will lend you one
Hifi news test record will work but designed for the analogue productions test record ( tracks 1-3 )

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts