For Cyrus System, please advice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

This is Ben from Hong Kong, I am new to this forum, please forgive my poor English and hope you can understand what I write. I need your valuable advice on the upgrade plan of my system.

I have a Micromege CD Player, Cyrus One Amp. and KEF Q5 Speaker. I am consider to upgrade my Amp. to Cyrus 8vs2 in order to have a bigger sound stage, more detail, informative and musical sound. Please kindly advice is it worth to invest in 8vs2 as to achieve my expectation on it? I mainly listen to Classical music and Jazz vocal with my system.

Besides, as 8vs2 equipped with a Bi-wire speaker output. As I am now using a pair of single-bi-wire speaker cable, if upgrade to 8vs2, is it necessary to also change 2 pair of speaker cable in order to enhance the performance?

Thanks and regards

Ben

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi ben, after recently listen to Cyrus gears I would say that the 6VS is as good as Cyrus 8VS2 (unless you like your music very loud. Also have a look at Musical fidelity A5 as the soundstage on that amp is totally amazing.
Which Micromega CDP have you got? I use to like them until they keep breaking on me!

A

Anonymous

Hi Thaiman, thank you for your advice. I shall well consider 6vs2 as my existing One is already loud enough for playing music in my room. A5 is a very good amp but I am afraid MF A5 will be out of my budget as it is double the price of 8vs2 in Hong Kong. My Micromega CDP is a entry level Minium CD
emotion-10.gif
which I bought it four years ago and it run very good so far. BTW, my listening area is 12x10ft, can 6vs2 provide enough sound in this room?

A

Anonymous

Hi. I went to my dealer to buy the 6 but after extended demo with a similar front-end and speakers to my existing setup was converted to the 8. I decided that the extra spend was worthwhile for the increase in performance. Difficult to remember exactly what the difference was now after 12 months but the extra power means more control available and easier handling of dynamics. I have no regrets whatsoever in spending more than I originally intended and only thanks to a good salesman.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts