Food for thought

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
we've just emptied our bathroom, a couple of towels and some smelly bath thingies, and a couple of baskets of Day Nurse, sun cream and plasters. open the door and it sounds like an aircraft hanger! Something to bear in mind when setting up your listening room methinks.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I'm not too sure my good lady wife would be too keen on baskets of Day Nurse around the living room... ;)

But seriously, I'm with you - I went for a demo at a local dealer, whose listening room was not overly "soft". My lounge has thick carpet, velvet curtains, big sofa. The difference between the sound of my system at home and in their dem room was staggering...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JoelSim"]we've just emptied our bathroom, a couple of towels and some smelly bath thingies, and a couple of baskets of Day Nurse, sun cream and plasters. open the door and it sounds like an aircraft hanger!

Something to bear in mind when setting up your listening room methinks.[/quote]

Especially if your living room is tiled.

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Anton90125"][quote user="Andrew Everard"]Especially if your living room is tiled. [/quote]

In hot countries that's not uncommon.
[/quote]
mine is 24'x14' living room, 9' ceiling, a french door at the far end which will face tv and music system, speakers r going to be RS6 (not bought yet), but curtained french doors, the floor are tiled, no carpets, am in different part of world like you said, i leave it like that or should i carpet?

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
The curtains at the end should help any major reflections, and would probably be enough. My floor is only carpeted as I'm a soft type and don't like cold feet (which is a pretty normal occurance for 8 months of the year in Bristol, UK!)

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
[quote user="JoelSim"]we've just emptied our bathroom, a couple of towels and some smelly bath thingies, and a couple of baskets of Day Nurse, sun cream and plasters. open the door and it sounds like an aircraft hanger!

Something to bear in mind when setting up your listening room methinks.[/quote]

Especially if your living room is tiled.
[/quote]LOL!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="vinod_david"][quote user="Anton90125"][quote user="Andrew Everard"]Especially if your living room is tiled. [/quote]

In hot countries that's not uncommon.
[/quote]
mine is 24'x14' living room, 9' ceiling, a french door at the far end which will face tv and music system, speakers r going to be RS6 (not bought yet), but curtained french doors, the floor are tiled, no carpets, am in different part of world like you said, i leave it like that or should i carpet?[/quote]

Buy a rug.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts