foobar set up

coolaboola

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi guys,

I have decided to ditch itunes as recently suggested for the playback of my music library.I have a windows 7 netbook with no optical out so its usb to my dac magic and on to my ca 840 amp and monitor audio speakers.I have had lots of crackling and hissing with itunes especially if i put on the itunes visualiser.I read all the helpful thread about settings in quiktime etc and has no impact.So on to foobar.I have downloaded it and for the life of me can not import my music files.I have done add folders , my music, itunes I see all my albums scan but when it stops its still not there on my list of artists.

I have tried add file and picked a single song which does appear on the foobar menu but when i click it it says mp4 playback not supported.I downloaded the alac plug in but still no joy.I am so close to giving up on the idea that a netbook can equal my cd player thru the same dac but offer more convenience.

I am also broke at the moment so an airport express is out of the question.any ideas?Should i just put on a cd?

coolaboola

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
thanks for the reply pj.I tried that and this is what popped up when I tried to play it,

Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported format or corrupted file):

"C:UsersC & VMusiciTunesiTunes MediaMusicBadly Drawn BoyThe Hour Of The Bewilderbeast1 The Shining.m4a"

Any ideas?

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Hmm. After a considerable faff to convert one of my files from .flac to .m4a using dbpoweramp, everything is working as I'd expect. That is, foobar2000 is playing back the file.

Initially, I was getting something similar to the message you are getting. I took a look at the file tags in MP3Tag (a tagging application I use) and the m4a file contained no tags of any kind. Now I have my conversion routine sorted, the created file does contain tags.

I suggest you take a look at your files to see if they contain tags. It may be that iTunes does something stupid....like holding the tag information in a database away from the files.

coolaboola

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
thanks pj. I came to the conclusion that fubar was technically too tricky for me.I downloaded j river as used by gerardasnails.I encountered the exact same problems that i did with foobar but was able to tick a few boxes and now my apple lossless are being added.Apparently there is a simple tool to change all my files to flac to make my future easier.j river also has asio pre plugged so i am really lookin forward to an a b test with itunes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts