Focal Chorus speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello guys

i was loooking at the focal chorus 826 V and the cc 800 center speaker , and iam falling in love with them the way they look :)

iam realy thinking about buying them , but i have no chance of hearing in demo , no shop has them around me :(

so please any one has any opinion or experince with focal chorus speakers that can offer an edvice or tell more abouut thhe way they sound?

i have a Sony STR-DA5400ES av/receiver would that be ok togather with the focal chorus?

Thanks

Hope I can give a bit of insight. Like yourself, I really admire Focals tonal qualities and all round sonic presentation, although the only ones I've heard are the '7' series. From my personal experience, it depends on your electronics because they can sound a tad, err, restrained. By all means listen, although I can't tell you how they compare to your Kefs.

cayorob

May 4, 2009
Visit site
I run the Chorus 714v's and am very impressed with them. They are fed via a Naim Nait XS and are not restrained at all. Some say they can be light on bass but they sound fine in my room. Very musical with a particulaly good mid-range.

A

Anonymous

A pair of bookshelf model Chorus 806V I bought after listening in a demo produces natural musical sound although I am still running them in paired with Pioneer VSX-1018AH. I love it. In my opinion, 806V should be complemented by a subwoofer if you cannot do without rich bass. I "suppose" you cannot go terribly wrong with other models, but because of the price tag, a small difference in sound could be big dissatisfaction!, I would recommend a trial listen before you buy.

And therefore, naturally I was going to add CC 800V, but to buy from another shop on-line. Unfortunately, however, I had a very disappointing experience with the shop over two chips on the edge of the glossy top that existed upon arrival. There is no way I can find out what caused them, but transport from the shop is unlikely due to the way the container looked. What really let me down is, the shop did not notice or perhaps pretended not to notice them despite the attached chipped pieces, by giving an unbelievable comment ("finger grooves to enable wall-mount it" There is no such thing on the unit, and wall-mount such a heavy centre speaker??) It was followed by a small discount offer, not a word for an exchange with a good one. These chips may entail something more serious consequently, so I decided to get a full refund to waste no more time or money with the unprofessional shop which sounded very professional on their web site. It claims to be an authorised dealer of Focal, and seems to have a wide selection of models for demostration in Birmingham. Because Focal's dealer channels are quite limited, it may be a good idea to obtain a list of shops from their UK office so that you can personally evaluate shops (As of now, Focal's dealer search tool does not return any shop in the UK).

Good luck with your speaker purchase!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts