Focal Chorus 706 opinions ?

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
I want to replace my Q Acoustics 3020 speakers (excellent,I want similar sound, but with deeper bass) with bigger bookshelf speakers for stronger bass response.

It can be:- Focal Chorus 706

-Dali Zensor 3

- MA Bronze 2

- Castle Knight 2

All speakers are far bigger than little Q Acoustics 3020

What is your experience with Focal Chorus 706 ? How is compared with Dali Zensor 3 or MA Brone 2?

Sorry in my town is no dealer with this kind of speakers, so I cannot listen them.

rainsoothe

Arcam and Focal are known to have good synergy, as most Focal speakers are a bit bright. I have no experience with the 706, but a review of the 706v says "it sounds too heavy whenn close to wall". That, and the fact they come in a bigger enclosure, would suggest that they can pump more bass than the QA. For the record, Focal Aria 906 is my favourite speaker in it's price range (from what I auditioned) and they sound grand. Used them with Arcam A19 and Naim UQ2+Nap100. Chorus shouldn't be far off, most likely less refined.

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
I hope, that the Focal Chorus 706 will mach with my Arcam. I suppose the Focal Aria is over my budget.

I wonder if an used Monitor Audio Silver RX 1 would be a good choice, I suppose is better speaker than the Bronze 2

rainsoothe

Both MA and Focal are known for their sinergy with Arcam. I prefer Focal. In a recent thread, someone just talked about trying the Chorus 706 vs Aria 906, and said he prefered the Chorus in HIS setup. If you can, give both a try. I think the Chorus will match your amp very nicely.

voxo

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
rainsoothe said:
Both MA and Focal are known for their sinergy with Arcam. I prefer Focal. In a recent thread, someone just talked about trying the Chorus 706 vs Aria 906, and said he prefered the Chorus in HIS setup. If you can, give both a try. I think the Chorus will match your amp very nicely.

Aria 906 is for smaller spaces up to 15 sqm and distance of listening to 2.5m. That's why chorus 706 works better in my system - my listening postion is 3-3.5m. The same problem I had with proac tablette 50 sig. I realized that after long research. So maybe this helps to somebody. Still with naim si combo/focal 706 system and I can not be happier. Don't put speakers to close to each other to hear the full potential. And I must mention nac a5 that smooths the sound/music alot. There is no trace of brightness in my system with this cable. I think that the chorus line is developed together with the naim's nait line and Ihink that 706 is designed for fullfield listening while aria 906 is probably for nearfield - that's how they are presented at the pictures in promo materials.

Regards

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Tibor said:
I hope, that the Focal Chorus 706 will mach with my Arcam. I suppose the Focal Aria is over my budget.

I wonder if an used Monitor Audio Silver RX 1 would be a good choice, I suppose is better speaker than the Bronze 2

I had MA RX1 matched with Arcam FMJ A19 a while back and they were a very very good match in a small room. Not the deepest sound but very musical indeed

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts