• Dali Oberon 5 + Sub E-9F

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (which one ?)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
what Amplifier are you using ? you might not need a sub with theses 2 choices of speakers and its very hard to recommend speakers but i would change the Dali Oberon to Dali opticon 6 but i rate dali speakers very highly as i own the Dali opticon 8s .
but never owned Focal speakers so can not comment on your choice here or what they sound like but at the moment its very difficult to go out and demo some which i recommend before buying any speaker

Reactions: Vyslon and Al ears

Vyslon

Apr 29, 2020
Visit site
For now I'm using a Denon avr 1911 but I will upgrade later this year.
Maybe I don't "need" it but that could be cool no ? I mean, I will use it for a lot of "heavy bass" music x) and I like that my speakers can dig pretty low on sub basses.

Sadly I can't really test those speakers because you know... Stores are closed :/

Actually I can have a price 20% price reduction on these dali speakers, I will ask if it's possible to get those Opticon 6 with this price reduction !

Vyslon

Apr 29, 2020
Visit site
I know it's quite hard to recommend anything without testing speakers but since I have a nice opportunity to buy these dali products, I have to be sure that I'll not regret it :sweatsmile:

D

Deleted member 116933

I know it's quite hard to recommend anything without testing speakers but since I have a nice opportunity to buy these dali products, I have to be sure that I'll not regret it :sweatsmile:

In all honesty, start with the amp get that right put as much s you can afford into that. It's so important when talking about AVR's

Your AVR is now pretty old (in Av terms) you'll get more out of it but that's just my way of doing things

Vyslon

Apr 29, 2020
Visit site
In all honesty, start with the amp get that right put as much s you can afford into that. It's so important when talking about AVR's

Your AVR is now pretty old (in Av terms) you'll get more out of it but that's just my way of doing things
I have no speaker to use with this amp so no point on getting another amp first :LOL::disrelieved:

D

Deleted member 116933

I have no speaker to use with this amp so no point on getting another amp first :LOL::disrelieved:

Sorry, what i mean is push more money into the AVR than your speakers! Cut the budget in half for your speaker's id forget about those speakers, probably not what you want to hear though. I'm just trying to save from the mistakes i made is all. Those speakers will take more amp than you're probably willing to spend (im assuming politly and mean nothing by that)

I don't know what your full budget would be in the end, but as an example, 1k id put 3 quarters of that into the amp the rest on speakers, so only £250 (coming from more of a stereo eaxmple that though but you get the idea), Don't just buy the speakers because they're on offer. Have a plan set a full budget out what you plan to spend over the year or 2

Vyslon

Apr 29, 2020
Visit site
Hmm I see, I will buy premium amp as sonn as I'll get the money even thought I did not realized how much I can get from those speakers with nice avr, thank you !

daytona600

For now I'm using a Denon avr 1911 but I will upgrade later this year.
"heavy bass" music x) and I like that my speakers can dig pretty low on sub basses.

Def Tech BP9040
built in subwoofer with a huge amp 3 x 8inch drivers & will get down to 22hz & produce huge amounts of deep controlled bass
ideal for Dub , reggae & EDM
add centre + surrounds + atmos from the same range for a cinema in your house
( you will require a very high quality AVR/stereo amp ) same group as denon & marantz make quality AVRs 747192126452_BP9040_seethru_1400x1300.png

Use a BP9000 7.6.6 Atmos system myself

Last edited:
Reactions: Vyslon
D

Deleted member 116933

Hmm I see, I will buy premium amp as sonn as I'll get the money even thought I did not realized how much I can get from those speakers with nice avr, thank you !

Those Focal Chora 826 wouldn't out of the depth with 5k worth of stereo amp behind them. Like i say have a plan they could be yours/and manys end game speaker TBH

Vyslon

Apr 29, 2020
Visit site
Those Focal Chora 826 wouldn't out of the depth with 5k worth of stereo amp behind them. Like i say have a plan they could be yours/and manys end game speaker TBH
Alright so no point on getting these focal and I'll put a **** ton of money on stereo amp before getting any speakers upgrade :unsure:

D

Deleted member 116933

Alright so no point on getting these focal and I'll put a **** ton of money on stereo amp before getting any speakers upgrade :unsure:

Your miss understanding me a touch, Im just trying to make you realise what they could do for you. You don't have to put :poop: ton into the amp just more of your budget than i think your expecting too.

Im not suggesting not getting the speakers (though i think reading between the lines your rushing) Just think about your end game don't just get them because they're on offer as I said.

I guess the question to ask, is how much are you willing to spend on an amp in the future?

Vyslon

Apr 29, 2020
Visit site
I mean, I will spend as much as possible, and if it's as much as for the speakers (or even more) I'm okay with this, I just did not realized that it was this important to put money on the amp, for example, I thought that 3000£ Speakers and 500£ amp was better than 1500£ speakers with 2000£ amp, but thank you, now I will reorganize my budget :D (So i'll take the dali speakers, then buy a coherent amp, then a better amp and finally better speakers)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts