Question Focal Aria 926 for Heavy Metal?

TransformFourier

Mar 4, 2022
Visit site
I am considering to buy Focal's Aria 926 speakers, Musical Fidelity M2si amplifier and Bluesound Node DAC streamer.
I enjoy classic rock (Bowie and the Stones) but also to some heavier metal (Black Tongue, Whitechapel and such).
How do you think this bundle will handle the fast tempos, double-bass of death/core metal?

Reactions: MUSICRAFT
Welcome to the forum.
Unfortunately we cannot really help you with questions like this as we don't have your ears.
you really need to audition any speaker yourself. However, given enough time space I would say they would do quite well in the bass department.
Where did you get the list of items from?
Can you visit a dealer?

Last edited:
Reactions: shadders
I am considering to buy Focal's Aria 926 speakers, Musical Fidelity M2si amplifier and Bluesound Node DAC streamer.
I enjoy classic rock (Bowie and the Stones) but also to some heavier metal (Black Tongue, Whitechapel and such).
How do you think this bundle will handle the fast tempos, double-bass of death/core metal?

You might be interested to know that the Aria Series was predominantly designed and developed by Focal using Naim Audio electronics. Besides which Naim electronics ‘rock’ and in combination with the Aria 926’s should be perfectly suited for the genre of music you listen to.

Last edited:

daytona600

Klipsch
Klipsch has been the official audio partner of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame "Our sole purpose at Klipsch is to reproduce the power, detail, and emotion of the live music experience. Together with the Rock Hall, we can ensure that music and its history are valued for generations to come,"

dkontos

Apr 24, 2021
Visit site
Klipsch
Klipsch has been the official audio partner of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame "Our sole purpose at Klipsch is to reproduce the power, detail, and emotion of the live music experience. Together with the Rock Hall, we can ensure that music and its history are valued for generations to come
I agree with the Klipsch for that kind of music. Another brand you could try is the Triangle.

TransformFourier

Mar 4, 2022
Visit site
Thank you all for your inputs :)
It will be my 1st step into the hifi world. Im still saving the money for the system and it will probably take me another 3 months or so, right in time for my graduating physics' B.Sc ;)

TransformFourier

Mar 4, 2022
Visit site
Welcome to the forum.
Unfortunately we cannot really help you with questions like this as we don't have your ears.
you really need to audition any speaker yourself. However, given enough time space I would say they would do quite well in the bass department.
Where did you get the list of items from?
Can you visit a dealer?

I'm from Israel. An Israeli stereo shop who is in the business for 30+ years recommended it. I can go and listen to it.
Another question in that aspect: Focal's website recommends for the Aria 926 rooms 20 square meters and bigger. Right now the designated listening area is our living room which is ~15 square meters. Do you think I should consider smaller speakers? We are renting this apartment and moving every 1-2 years, so the listening room will probably differ every tine, but housing is expensive in Jerusalem and I dont imagine we will move into a much bigger appartment in the next 4 years.

TransformFourier

Mar 4, 2022
Visit site
I agree with the Klipsch for that kind of music. Another brand you could try is the Triangle.

Thank you for the recommendations. As for Klipsch, my partner says they are ugly as f and she put a veto on them so I am not allowed to place them in our living room...

I saw Triangle BR09 and Antal EZ within my budget (but in a different store than the Focal, so Im not sure I will be able to schedule a listening on the same day) That store also sells Cambridge Audio CXA81, which WHAT HIFI recommended for the BR08 and Naim Nait 5si also within my budget. Im still not sure if I can go and listen to those setups.

I had focal chorus 826v for several years and really liked them. I listen predominantly to metal so can definitely recommend these for heavy music.
I’ve now got Triangle speakers, which are still running in, but also sound great with metal. 👍

I'm from Israel. An Israeli stereo shop who is in the business for 30+ years recommended it. I can go and listen to it.
Another question in that aspect: Focal's website recommends for the Aria 926 rooms 20 square meters and bigger. Right now the designated listening area is our living room which is ~15 square meters. Do you think I should consider smaller speakers? We are renting this apartment and moving every 1-2 years, so the listening room will probably differ every tine, but housing is expensive in Jerusalem and I dont imagine we will move into a much bigger appartment in the next 4 years.
I don't see a problem with the 926 in a room of that size, can you audition them at home?

TransformFourier

Mar 4, 2022
Visit site
Final question (for the time being)
Would you buy cables (in this case QED 40i) without checking them on your system first? The store that sells the Triangle has different cables than the Focal's store.

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
And? Completely different price bracket and rubbish by HiFi Choice in my opinion, and it's a standmount

I understand your reference to price bracket and that ATC SCM19 is a standmount; fair points. But why rubbish by HIFi Choice? Is it that you do not agree with the particular review by HiFi Choice?

Bruzli

Feb 8, 2022
Visit site
Borea BR08 is suited for your room size and they are fabulous.
Buy QED 79 cables with cold soldered banana plugs from the dealer. Do not spend more on cables, no point.
In your place, I would buy YAMAHA RN803D as I can still find it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts