Focal 826v Speakers? with my set-up

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello :)

I just wandered what people's opinions were on System matching with my kit. Listed in the signature below:-

I found some focal 826v speakers on eBay.

Ive heard that focal speakers can be a little brighter. Dont know whether this is unfounded of not?

Any advice as to which speakers i should go for under £800 would be great, whether their on eBay or otherwise :)

I look forward to hearing people's view

A

Anonymous

I was stuck in your situation for ages. i was going to get a pair of focals, the 816v i think they were, the bookshelf one in this range.

I have never heard focals but got some good advice saying they would be good. They will be in the same cat as regas, splendor, you either love them or hate them.

I got a pair of Rega RS1's in the end on new 80cm stands. I bet the focals will have amazing treble and midrange, like regas. id go for the focals but theres so much choice out there....

RS1_web_page-182x141.jpg

took me ages and ages to choose mine, go for it...

cable_master:

Hello :)

I just wandered what people's opinions were on System matching with my kit. Listed in the signature below:-

I found some focal 826v speakers on eBay.

Ive heard that focal speakers can be a little brighter. Dont know whether this is unfounded of not?

Any advice as to which speakers i should go for under £800 would be great, whether their on eBay or otherwise :)

I look forward to hearing people's view

Focal speakers bright? no, certainly not. I've heard the 714's with Naim kit and Arcam and they are wonderful sounding.

A

Anonymous

Thanks everyone

The information you have provided is great.

Ive decided to go ahead and purchase them. They are due to arrive on tuesday :)

Lets see how the whether in the UK holds out with the Snow :)

Thanks Again

:)

A

Anonymous

Hi

Yep received them yesterday!

They are astonishly good!

Most astoundingly realistic soundstage, it seems to go on for miles.

And Wow the Bass feels like im going to get blown out the chair with my trousers flapping hehe

Thanks guys, it proved to be probably the best upgrade yet :)

James

TRENDING THREADS