floorstanding speakers under 2500

leob7888

May 4, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I'm writting cause I wanna upgrade my Monitor Audio Silver 200.
Altough there are amazing speakers im looking for something bigger with a "bigger" sound with more bass.
There are lots of options in the marker under 2200 and I wanna any recommendatios about it.
Ive ben seeing in particular this 4 options:

1 - Monitor Audio Silver 300
2 - B&W 603 S2 Anyversary edition
3 - Focal Aria 926
4 - Focal Chora 826

Thanks!!

Hi everyone!

Altough there are amazing speakers im looking for something bigger with a "bigger" sound with more bass.
There are lots of options in the marker under 2200 and I wanna any recommendatios about it.

3 - Focal Aria 926
4 - Focal Chora 826

Thanks!!
Can you get to audition any?
If not only the Silver 300 makes sense

Reactions: matthewpiano

jjbomber

Hi everyone!

3 - Focal Aria 926
4 - Focal Chora 826

Thanks!!
Is the lack of bass a problem with your current set up? If so Focal would be the answer. If you are happy with the MA bass, go for the bigger version.

MartinEvoke50

Aug 30, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone!

3 - Focal Aria 926
4 - Focal Chora 826

Thanks!!
Acoustic Energy AE509

D

Deleted member 116933

Do you want to make the sound bolder or do you want to make it louder? 2 very different things

If you want to make it bolder add a subwoofer, 2k would buy you one hell of a subwoofer and really can’t be under estimated and in reality it’s what people want is to hear, a full range sound. And I’m sorry no floor stander will come close to delivering what subwoofer can do. It’s the smarter money spent. Something from Rel, velodyne, svs should do the trick.

If you want to make the sound louder and don’t mind the bass you have now and without changing the amp. You need to find some speakers that are more sensitive than what you have now. 90db and above. Displacement alone won’t make the sound louder. Efficiency is king! and always will be mix that with displacement and your in for an eye opener! Out of budget I know but something like klipsch Cornwall 4s. There just aren’t many speakers on the market that sensitive.

Buying a speaker a model up in the range really won’t give you a very noticeable jump , been there done that. Unless your going from stand mounts to large floor standing speakers and in some cases I know some stand mounts that outperform smaller Floor standers. So its not clear cut.

I’d seriously think about auditioning for speakers.

Reactions: shane

leob7888

May 4, 2020
Visit site
Is the lack of bass a problem with your current set up? If so Focal would be the answer. If you are happy with the MA bass, go for the bigger version.

Hi!! Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the silver 200 are great but they don't have much bass. They don't have the impact I would like.
And that's the reason I'm planning to upgrade them.

leob7888

May 4, 2020
Visit site
What is the rest of your system? As you say, there are many options within your budget, so it would be helpful to know what other equipment you are using.

Hi!! Thanks!

I have a marantz SR5013 with a REL HT1003 subwoofer. My room is approximately 20ft x 20ft.
I listen to music 90% of the time I use them, so I'm also planing to upgrade the marantz to a dedicated integrated stereo amp.
The only problem is that my sub doesn't have high level imput.. so I really don't know if the sub will be good for the integrated stereo amp since input. In the most cases they don't have a dedicated sub imput.

I'm planning to sell all of my setup and buy an integrated stereo amp with a good pair of floorstanding speakers under 2200 that have enough bass without subwoofer.
Maybe you have another recommendation...

Thanks again

rainsoothe

Hi!! Thanks!

I have a marantz SR5013 with a REL HT1003 subwoofer. My room is approximately 20ft x 20ft.
I listen to music 90% of the time I use them, so I'm also planing to upgrade the marantz to a dedicated integrated stereo amp.
The only problem is that my sub doesn't have high level imput.. so I really don't know if the sub will be good for the integrated stereo amp since input. In the most cases they don't have a dedicated sub imput.

I'm planning to sell all of my setup and buy an integrated stereo amp with a good pair of floorstanding speakers under 2200 that have enough bass without subwoofer.

Thanks again
B&W, Wharfedale Jade series, Revel Performa range, Martin Logan Motion 40 upwards. These do bass and you really need to hear them (Revel are my favourite, followed closely by ML and the Jades).

matthewpiano

Hi!! Thanks!

Thanks again

Given your plan to move to a dedicated 2-channel set-up, my first advice is to speak with your local dealer and ask them to set-up a demonstration of 2 or 3 systems they recommend for your requirements. It makes good sense to consider your speaker and amplifier purchases together. If these auditions bring you to the point of having serious interest in a particular combination, request a home demonstration so that you can hear how it sounds in your room.

Some amplifiers have a subwoofer output for connection to an active sub and, if you wish to keep your options open in that regard, these are worth considering. These include the Yamaha A-S801, NAD C368 and Cambridge CXA-81, all sub £1k options.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts