Floorstanders for Marantz PM6004

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just bought the new Marantz PM6004 and wanting some good bass floorstanders. Budget is up to £800 ish. Room is large with wooden floor with rug. I listen to all types ok music but enjoy dub step and rock.

I have tried the Monitor Audio BX5 but wasn't that impressed. I do have access to some shops that I can demo speakers but I really wanted some suggestions. WhatHifi awarded the Tannoys this year, But what do people think?

Any ideas or suggestions???

A

Anonymous

Don't mind ex demo, but not a fan of second hand. Does depend on the hand.

A

Anonymous

You won't go far wrong with either tannoy floorstanders ive tried both and am now currently running in the tannoy revolution dc6t which sound fantastic ive only had them a couple of days after swapping them from the tannoy v4's which incidently are absolutly a real bargain as they sound like twice the price they are currently selling for. its just they are not the best looking speakers in the world where as the dc6t's look gourgous.

personnly i like my speakers to look good as well as sound good hense the swap to the dc6t's

for me they are both bargains as they are currently selling @ &279 & £599 @ richer sounds and the staff were very helpful and friendly, well they are at the guildford branch.

good luck with your choice

regards

80s boy

A

Anonymous

I think Romford is my nearest Richer Sounds. I will give them a demo. Did you try the Tannoy DCT6 Signatures? Heard they have incredible bass which would be good for movies.

A

Anonymous

Having looked at the signitures i personnly prefer the non signitures as they have a base plinth which makes them more sturdy and i like the clean straight lines.

As for bass according to tannoy @ what hi-fi the only change between them is the shape so i think they still use the same woofers and crossovers and anyways there's plenty of bass from the DC6T'S.

one other thing the bass produced from the V4's is also deep bassey clean and tunefull if that helps

regards

80s boy

A

Anonymous

another couple of options would be the monitor audio RX6 & Kef Q500's..

A

Anonymous

I have tried the Monitor Audio BX range and various KEFs but either didn't like the sound or the look.

Monitor Audio RX range is really great sounding and looks pretty smart. I haven't seen the Tannoys yet in person, just online. Looking forward to giving them a demo soon.

What do people think of the B&W 684?

Goldsmith

Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
You may also wish to consider from Jamo's concert range. I use a PM6002 with Jamo C405 which is quite good with bass and a refined treble. I just hope you hv access to a Jamo dealer near your place.

KeithT

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Wow! You don't like the look & sound of the MA BX5's? They're what I use, better made than my old Kef Q2's, and do a pretty damn fine job of blasting out AC/DC & Motorhead as well as Black Uhuru, so guess that they don't go with the Marantz.

poldo

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
If you have a big room (how big) I think the 6004 is not big enough, maybe you should look at a bigger amp, or high sens. speakers, like Paradigm.

TRENDING THREADS