Floorstanders for Cyrus

• Thread starter Deleted member 160668
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 160668

Hi all,

Not been on here for a while. Happy new year to all!

So...recently sold my LINN to PMC setup to liquidate cash towards a house move. Turns out didn't need to... Oops.

So back onto the hifi train - have just bought a Cyrus 6 full setup for peanuts. Need to get some speakers to match this, I want floorstanders this time.

Leaning between MA RS6 (2nd hand) or perhaps some new KEF q500. Both will set me back £350.

New room these will live in will be 5m x 4.9m. They will be 2.5 spaced apart on the far wall in front of sofa. All types of music liked so need to be versatile.

These along with the Cyrus will be then set up together on day1 when I move in. Yay!

Happy for any suggestions/thoughts/alternatives?

Budget is £350, at a push could go higher (part of me thinks to go back to PMC's and pick up a decent 2nd hand set of GB1s)...

Cheers all.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The main thing to concentrate on is making the most of the power the 6 amp has to offer. Make sure you pick up some efficient speakers with a high sensitivity, and ideally 8ohms.

The KEF Q500s and the PMC DB1s are a good start.

D

Deleted member 160668

Thanks for suggestions. Did consider Rega RS3's but was too slow to decide. Spendors are amazing to look at, but too steep. KEFs were very tempting.

Anyway plumped for RS6's as managed to get very cheap mint condition set. Collecting tomorrow. Also read a highly gushing review from someone with RS6's and a full Cyrus6 setup.

Will give em a try. Can easy get money back if it is a pants combo.

Roll on the house move and my proper music back!!

Cheers all!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts