Floorstanders for a medium sized room

Hi,

i am planning on stereo system for a 3 x 4.2 meter room, the distance from the speakers would probably be 2.5 meters (against the 3 meter wall). I was thinking of an Arcam FJM A19 with Tannoy Revolution XT6F.

I feel the floorstanders may be a bit of an overkill for the small room KEF LS50 may be more suited for the layout, but I prefer the floorstanders mainly for asthetics reasons. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks.

rainsoothe

iceman16 said:
I would suggest PMC GB1i, Totem Arro's to your lists

+1 to these. The Tannoys are also a good idea, so have those on your audition list. Add Focals, preferably Aria range, but chorus might work too.

Caution though, I used to have floorstanders in 4x4 m room, and bass would overpower the rest of the frequency range on a Naim + Martin Logan Motion 40 system. Switching to Arcam A19 with Focal Aria 906 standmounts solved it, and they make a great combination with Naim dac V1 source.

So do consider standmounts, you might not enjoy floorstanders all that much, especially if you can't place them well in the room.

PMC, Focal Aria 906, Kef LS50 and maybe B&W and Monitor Audio are the main brands that should be on your audition list.

rainsoothe

iceman16 said:

+1 to these. The Tannoys are also a good idea, so have those on your audition list. Add Focals, preferably Aria range, but chorus might work too.

Caution though, I used to have floorstanders in 4x4 m room, and bass would overpower the rest of the frequency range on a Naim + Martin Logan Motion 40 system. Switching to Arcam A19 with Focal Aria 906 standmounts solved it, and they make a great combination with Naim dac V1 source.

So do consider standmounts, you might not enjoy floorstanders all that much, especially if you can't place them well in the room.

PMC, Focal Aria 906, Kef LS50 and maybe B&W and Monitor Audio are the main brands that should be on your audition list.

rainsoothe

iceman16 said:

SteveR750

Mad Max said:
Thanks all for the replies, it sounds like I should ditch the floorstanders for standmounts. Would I need seperate SubWoofers if I went for standmounts ?

Thanks.

If, as suggested, floorstanders would be overpowering in the bass in your room, a sub would be even worse.

TRENDING THREADS