Flickering on large land masses (no really)

Villordsutch

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Last night I watched Burn After Reading and on the opening titles when a satellite is moving across the USA the landmass seems to flicker greatly. I've only noticed this once before on one of my daughters Harry Potter Blu-rays where the camera was sweeping along a wheat field. That too had a horrible flickering effect on the field.

Looking at reviews of this film on Blu-ray nobody seems to mention it.

Does anyone know what it is and how I can fix it?

My player is Panasonic DMP-BDT110

Thank you

D

Deleted member 2457

Is this you?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Villordsutch

D

Deleted member 2457

Villordsutch said:
It is indeed.

Is it.
smiley-smile.gif
Are you a DJ?

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Which TV are you using? I believe what you are refering to is Motion Judder which is a problem for LED/LCD TV's as they dont handle wide pan shots very well, so when it scrolls across a city or landscape you will notice it.

Villordsutch

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
bigboss said:
Yes, it sounds like motion judder. Wich TV have you got? Turn all motion processing off & see if the problem still occurs.

I cannot seem to find this on my television settings? Any idea what I could be looking for on a Toshiba tv?

Gel :D it's the only way to go :D

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I'm guessing, as I know little about that tv (other than it's not full hd), but it's probably to do with the settings on the tv and blu ray player.

Check if your tv accepts 24p pictures output from your blu ray player, if it doesn't, then go to SETUP, PLAYER SETTINGS, select PICTURE then HDMI OUTPUT then HDMI VIDEO FORMAT and switch it to 720p, and then 24P OUTPUT, and switch it to off.

If your tv does accept 24p pictures, then make sure 24P OUTPUT is set to on.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I agree that it's likely a result of the television's motion processing, or a combination of how the TV and BDP are set up.

As BBB & BB say, check that the BDP is set to output 24p 1080p (assuming your TV accepts both), then experiment with the TV's motion options to minimise or hopefully eliminate the problem. I'm also assuming you're watching Burn After Reading on Blu-ray.

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
From my experience the motion processing (turning it off) as refered to above will help elminate most of it. It will still be present, but not so obvious. If you are coming from owning a Plasma then you will have picked up on it.

Villordsutch

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
An update

Well it worked. I went and check to make sure my TV could accept 24p and it could :D so I popped into the Blu-Ray settings and set 24p to on and the flickering has gone from the beginnng of Burn After Reading. Happy with this I loaded up True Grit and watched that :D

Thanks all

Vil

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Villordsutch said:
An update

Well it worked. I went and check to make sure my TV could accept 24p and it could :D so I popped into the Blu-Ray settings and set 24p to on and the flickering has gone from the beginnng of Burn After Reading. Happy with this I loaded up True Grit and watched that :D

Thanks all

Vil

Good news.
cheers.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts