Fleetwood Mac

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

bluber

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
longwayround:bluber:A piece of music - of any kind - is an objet d'art and should be judged as such. There is thus an objective component in the process of judging music which is different from just applying total subjectivity based on your own emotions, psychological issues and so on.
If your Eagles friends reallly obectively try to listen to the music - and disregard their own subjective bias, emotional predispositions etc, they might find that Coltrane is much better than the Eagles. Not to mention the superiority of Mozart.

I'm sorry but that is arrant nonsense. Whether one piece of music is better than another is entirely based on the listener's emotional response. Some listeners may prefer music with Bachian mathematical complexity, others may prefer music which reminds them of an early love affair, still others may prefer music to which they cannot help but dance. It would appear that your preference is for music which provokes an intellectual response. You are just as welcome to that preference as anyone else is to their own.

OK, if you insist. Anyway, end of "nonsense" talk on this subject from my side .

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
bluber:

A piece of music - of any kind - is an objet d'art and should be judged as such. There is thus an objective component in the process of judging music which is different from just applying total subjectivity based on your own emotions, psychological issues and so on.

Ha ha. I just put on a LP I like and enjoy it.

"It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing" is all the analysis I need.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
I now have most of Fleetwood Mac's albums. I love the Bluesy first album and the first greatest hits album that you guys recommended. So, thanks for those!

'Pious' is great, too.

The rest are just awful! Rumours and Tango are perfect pop records. I love both. 'Fleetwood Mac' (the second one), 'Mirage' and 'Tusk' are so poor in comparison. Really bland and predictable. Bit gutted. I had high hopes.

I also bought Stevie Nicks first solo effort 'Bella Donna', which isn't bad, but it's no 'Rumours' or 'Tango'.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
If you like the original blues era Fleetwood Mac, and you like extended work outs (eg. a 24 minute version of Rattlesnake Shake) then try these three..

510GK5sZTcL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51EnHh7rAdL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51M-bTRj7ZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I bought these last year as MP3 downloads off E-Music and I love them. Sit back and marvel at the genius that is Peter Green. The rest of the band are no slouches either. Rumours it ain't.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts