flac vs SACD/cd

alializadeh

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
hi

i am currently playing my music through my laptop, but i am thinking to changing it (laptop fan noise)

i have 2 or 3 options

an all in one option: olive oh3 or something

a media player with hdd and flac files and a external monitor

or a dvd/sacd player but then just by cd's and sacd (have not a lot of cd's rigt now)

i allready lost my collection on my externalhdd once and don't want to experience it another time

what are your opinions? witch is the most safe and secure but respectfully good quality option? the price does matter

PEAYEL

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
Maybe consider Sonos with FLAC. Very robust. Back up to an external HD and you won't loose music. Please investigate the Vortexbox software as it does all this for you.

All the best.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm using a Synology NAS (2x 3tb hd) that way you don't lose any contend, with native Audio player (DS Audio) and control all the action on my ipad.

it plays 44.1, and 24 bit, is connected to my home hub through LAN ( that way you can control it with an ithing) and the music goes through a usb cable into the DAC.

That way you can have your personal "cloud" wherever you are, and a NAS has other multiple uses, for multimedia ( photos and DVD/Bluray storage) or personal files.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
If you have SACD discs then only a SACD player will do.
Why not buy a networking universal player such as the OPPO 103 or the CA751BD (still available in the Richer Sounds sale)?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts