Flac 96/24 5.1 playback

davejberry

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Hi guys, just a quick question.

I currently use JRiver to play stereo hi res flac files without issue on a windows 7 machine using wasapi; Outputting flac 96/24 unchanged over co-axial into my sony receiver. What I cannot seem to do is play hi res multi channel files the same way. I have a sample 96/24 file in 5.1 flac which gives me an error message from JRiver which offers to downmix to 2.0 which does work.

I have JRiver and my realtek sound (AL888) set up to to pass data unchanged from source bit rate and number of channels, in fact JRiver bitstreams DD multi channel from DVDs without issue which shows up on my sony as DD3/2.1. Is it something to do with bandwidth over coax??

If anyone can play 5.1 flacs from JRiver over coax, can you enlighten me please.

regards

Dave

SteveR750

Hi Dave,

Have ou searched or posted the question on the J river forums? You normally get a quick reply from the J River guys on that kind of set up issue. My DAC can only handle 2 channels, and I only use it to play 2 channel stereo music with anyway

davejberry

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
A helpfull chap confirmed that coax wont support multi channel lossless, looks like i've got to go HDMI for that. Could be expenaive!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts