Fixed Screen

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hello,

Hoping someone wioth experience may be abl;e to help me please.

After moving house I've gone from roll down screen to fixed screen. I bought the material and some self-adhesive velvet for the edges and stuck it down.

It looks goold but unfortunately isn't auite flat, and it is notoceable a bit sometimes on panning scenes. Not a nightmare, but i intend to correct it in the near future.

I just tried to tension and stick the screen on al sides, but I suppose it needs pasting on like wallpaper? So I'm wondering has anyone done this, and what did they use as adhesive?

Or am I getting this wrong? Should I be stricking the screen to a flat board maybe and attaching that to the wall? Or should I just paint a board with special paint and attach it?

Any advice on the best approach much appreciated.

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Sorry, not been on over Christmas. Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I was worried about the board itself not being flat.

How could I stick it to make it flat though? I assume conventional wallpaper paste can't work? Is there anything similar for projection screen material?

What about a projector screen paint directly onto wall?

http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=tablet-gws&hl=en&tbo=d&source=hp&q=projector+screen+paint&pbx=1&oq=projector+scree&aq=2&aqi=g3&aql=&gs_sm=c&gs_upl=2106l5286l0l7081l15l6l0l5l4l0l220l807l0.4.1l10l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=a5d3a2c5563f73ea&biw=768&bih=928

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
That was one of the first options I considered but I thought maybe it would be very difficult to get a wall completely and unblemished enough for the screen

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, I'm up for either approach TBH. I think painting might be easier than sticking down the material. The things that are worrying me are:-

1. For either approach is it easy to get reasonably light material that will stay flat. Seems chipboard / MDF are the best options?

2. Would either chipboard or MDF have a surface smooth enough / good enough for a painted screen?

My screen is now about 71" diagonal.

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Oh, and just to avoid any confusion the rippling of my current screen I believe is due to the way I have applied it to the wall rather than the wall itself.

I think I needed to make sure the whole of the back was stuck down, like wallpaper, but not sure how that might be achieved, and it might be easier to apply it to a board, or paint a board.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts