Fix NAD C541 Stereo Compact Disc Player

arigo saki

Nov 27, 2021
Visit site
Hello, i have NAD C541 Stereo Compact Disc Player for long time.
I started to be frustrated from its durability, sometime its working and sometimes not (get error no cd, or tray dont open or i see that cd dont spin after inserting it ). After i open it and try to move the lens or knock on the tray it start to work again.
Any suggestion since to repair it at shop its too expensive and maybe even wont solve the problem.

Last edited:
I started to be frustrated from its durability, sometime its working and sometimes not (get error no cd, or tray dont open or i see that cd dont spin after inserting it ). After i open it and try to move the lens or knock on the tray it start to work again.
Any suggestion since to repair it at shop its too expensive and maybe even wont solve the problem.
Personally I would say it has had it's day. Time to buy a replacement?

Reactions: Tinman1952

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site

a new CD player that replaces that like for like sound wise will be at least 300 quid if not more. In my opinion, its is still a viable repair assuming there is nothing wrong with the mainboard.

I had a c541 and I had a problem with the tray, mine being the eject motor had given up the ghost, seeing that you can buy all the parts necessary to fix it for 50 quid id personally do that first. The motor and belt cost me 5'er ,lazer pick up 20-30 quid off ebay. Parts are still sold to this day.

The only bit of soldering is the connections to the motor + and -

i believe everything else is push-on connectors.

I have dug out my even old c540 replaced all three motor and its as good as new and will go another 20 years, will probably outlive me. Ive had it since i was 17. along with the c320bee amp.

And if this clumsy idiot (me) can fix it, you can.

If you don't feel comfortable ring maple audio (or a similar service centre) once you have the parts and they'll just charge you the labour should be 2-hours work max.

If not sell it on people are still giving them good homes because they're so easy to work on. 50-60quid is a reasonable sale price even in the condition yours is in.

Reactions: Al ears

arigo saki

Nov 27, 2021
Visit site
Thanks i will try to fix cause its still my best source for HIFI audio and the quality is excellent (already change rubbers a few times). too bad that it has so many problems.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts