First time with NAD!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
javelin said:
If you are not full of money, but still want some good sound, there are some tipps with NAD. They use to have significant discounts, more then 50% for last year or two years old model.
So you think NAD are the only manufacturer to discount there old models

A

Anonymous

eggontoast said:
javelin said:
If you are not full of money, but still want some good sound, there are some tipps with NAD. They use to have significant discounts, more then 50% for last year or two years old model.
So you think NAD are the only manufacturer to discount there old models

No, but discounts percents offered almost regulary, are not commonly found at commertial brands like Onkyo, Marantz, Denon etc.
And yes, you may check first if it is new, as it may also be refurbished without notice.

T

the record spot

javelin said:
Did you try Vincent CD-S6 or SP-T100?

No, no desire to really - the SA7001-KI's a nice neutral player and is as far as I'll go with traditional CDPs. There isn't much point spending more when the reality is the amp and speaker for me is the way to go. The only thing I want to add just now is probably a concession to contemporary audio - hi-res playback, etc. CD per se, as with traditional two channel amps, are not the way forward for me. Onboard DACs, internet connectivity, etc, are more where I'm looking for just now.

Vincent do make some very nice stuff however, but not where I'm at.

A

Anonymous

the record spot said:
javelin said:
Did you try Vincent CD-S6 or SP-T100?

No, no desire to really - the SA7001-KI's a nice neutral player and is as far as I'll go with traditional CDPs. There isn't much point spending more when the reality is the amp and speaker for me is the way to go. The only thing I want to add just now is probably a concession to contemporary audio - hi-res playback, etc. CD per se, as with traditional two channel amps, are not the way forward for me. Onboard DACs, internet connectivity, etc, are more where I'm looking for just now.

Vincent do make some very nice stuff however, but not where I'm at.

Blue ray audio discs have the best sound perspective, as it use losless compression. Maybe Onkyo BD-SP807 could give you decent value for money. Todays receivers use decent decoders for HD, if useing subwoofer they have digital splitter for subwoofer output instead of analogue splittion from 2 channel amplifier output and mostly 7.1 systems can use bi-wireing, some speakers may benefit from. Amplifers on the other have their advantages. I never liked new receivers useing digital volume control, old have used motorized.

nads

Javlin you make me laugh.

I have got my biggest dicounts on Onkyo products. It is also the one I have had the most issues with, the DTS bomb.

Issues with Hifi kit. Mmmmm 6 Nad products in regular use and one archived. all work fine and have not and any issues. But then I dont have many issues with any Hifi or Av kit. Did have major issues with a JVC tape deck sometime in the mid'80s but that was sorted under warranty.

My current PITA is a LG NAS that just stops working. Already been back for a new card in it.

I wonder if you actually have owned any NAD kit or are happy just recycling stuff?

Yes I am aware of there being some issues with some items from Nad just the same as there is with most brands.

And dont get me started on BluRay. Hopefully they have now finalized the format, just waiting for the Pigs to fly past. Firmware updates will be the bane of the 21st century.

smiley-wink.gif

lee37

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
ive been a sony fan for years and a while back after reading comments from nads and other people i upgraded my old sony 670es amp.

the 670es amp had amazing build quialty which you will not find these days just look at the prices the es cd players are going for on ebay and some of them are 20 years old.
my sony amp cost £400 back in 1992.

so i went for a nad 355bee amp for £300 and the sound quality is a lot better than the sony. the build quality is not even close but not many are these days even sony`s product range.
its the old saying of they dont build it how they used to.

ive had it for over a year now with no problems and at the end of the day its the sound quality that matters, nothing else and i leave it switched on most of the time or in standby mode. i do wish nad would improve there remote controls (look at sonys for example)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts