First time for hifi system

gsc1ugs

Jan 31, 2022
Visit site
I new to the hifi world but wanted to treat myself to a good system, only one I know is LINN so i need an amplifier with 3 or 4 inputs and speakers to match, can anyone advise please model speakers etc, i've been looking at linn katan speakers, i dont want floor speakers

gsc1ugs

Jan 31, 2022
Visit site
I dont mind what brand i just know linn is decent

Room size. - 3METRES BY 3 METRES
Distance you'll be sitting from the speakers. 1.5M

Type of sound you prefer - NOT BOOMY

Which music sources you intend to use. FROM PC AND AN AUDIOBOX FOR RECORDING

How much you intend to spend..... ?? VALUE FOR MONEY

The room is small, so you are right not to want floorstanders - but you will need to budget for stands too.

As it's your first time, I'd recommend going to a few places and seeing what they suggest - Richer Sounds is always worth a try, but there are plenty of others.

By not boomy, I take it you mean clear/refined? What sort of music do you listen to?

gsc1ugs

Jan 31, 2022
Visit site
From rock to classical. Less the better, pair speakers they are going on a shelf, and combined amp with inputs for 3 sources, anything in mind?

Gray

Avoid rear ported speakers, which can be one cause of boomyness.

Now you've given a budget, you should get some recommendations for a shortlist.
But it's important to listen to some options for yourself, better still if you can arrange a home loan before deciding on any purchases.

Only one i know never knew this would be so hard but i suppose everyone has different ears
This is why I said only you can tell whether Linn is your bag. Can they be bettered? Of course, as can all makes. I love my system but there are better ones out there. The trick is decide whether it's the best VFM within your budget.

There's a multitude of other brands, some you might prefer, others you won't. That's why it's always wise to go and demo a few different brands....we can only recommend what we like.

Reactions: gsc1ugs

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts