First time buyer and poster!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello everybody.

I am hoping someone can help me with the purchase of a DVD home cinema system.

I have just bought a Panasonic TH-50PZ70B 1080p Plasma and was wondering what system to get for it? The room it is going into is 6 metres long by 5 metres wide and has a very high ceiling; about 3 metres high.

I was told by the person in the panasonic shop that the Panasonic SC-PT850 system is good, but I cant find a review of it. I was thinking of sony's DAV-IS10 but wasn't sure how compatable it would be with the panasonic, I have heard the sony and think it sounds very good in a shop but was worried about the size of the room it is going into.

Or do you have some better idea's. I would not like to pay much more than £600.

Thanks for taking the time to read my maiden post!!
emotion-2.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Welcome on board!

There would be no compatibility problems with the Sony system and your Pana, but i'd be a little worried the Sony - excellent though it is - wouldn't have quite the heft your size of room requires. I'd say separates are a better way - though you may have to be prepared to sacrifice some style in favour of more cinematic sonics...

So, on your budget, i'd suggest £250 for the Onkyo TX-SR505 receiver, plus @£350 for the five-stars-at-£500 Wharfedale Diamond 9 HCP speaker package (including the Award-winning SW-150 subwoofer for extra underpinning), and £150 for the Denon DVD-1740 DVD player - giving you upscaling to suit your Pana.

OK, so that's £750 not £600, but you may get a deal on both the Onkyo and Denon if you shop around. If pushed, swap the Denon for the Samsung DVD-HD870 (£70) and upgrade later - that's the great thing about separates, you can keep upgrading the separate pieces as budget allows....

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I did wonder about the seperate route but after reading the september isue I thought it was a wee bit pricy for me at the moment.

What is the panasonic system like? I could buy it for about £300 then sell it when I have a bit more cash.

Sorry just trying to get an idea of what the panasonic is like. Hope to here back from you soon.

Thanx
emotion-5.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We haven't tested that particular Pana system, i'm afraid, so I can't comment on its performance. I can, however, say we haven't been impressed with the most recent Panasonic systems - the speakers really let them down (a shame, as we know they can do excellent DVD players/recorders - and TVs, obviously!)

If you really want to go the one-box route, the Sony (and there are deals to be had) is by far the best of the bunch.

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare,

Many thanks once again, I will just have a look about on the internet to see where I can find one at a reasonable price. Any idea where would be a good place??

Hope to here from you again.................
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Clare or anyone!

I am coming round to the idea of seperates having had a look through the November issue.

Has anyone dealt with Superfi? If so if goods are in stock do they usualy deliver in there time scales quoted?

What other compant has anyone dealt with that is good?

Thanks again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts