First System, First Pictures

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

After admiring everyone else's pictures I thought it was time to post some of my own.

This is my first system and is currently setup in my 5mx5m bedroom.

The only upgrade I am considering at the moment is putting the speakers on Super Dreadnoughts, I'm hoping to get a home trial soon.

You will notice that one of the speakers is quite close to a shelving cabinet (about 25cm closest point), I wondered if this would affect the sound, but after removing the shelves and listening, I couldn't notice a difference, do you think it would make a difference?

Hopefully this works.

4300375134_aa8d1752a9_b.jpg

4299626453_6c6f58e65f_b.jpg

4299678441_53dbd75309_b.jpg

4300426648_f4f815d63d_b.jpg

4300370198_8abbf22aed_b.jpg

A

Anonymous

Very nice setup btw! I love the look of the Marantz gear! Where di you get the cd racks. I could do with one of those in black!

A

Anonymous

Jammers just right click on your flickr pic ( in the 'All Sizes' page on flickr), copy it (right click>copy, or CTRL+C) then paste it into the reply box here. Easy as !

Killer system for a bedroom mate. Crank that lot up before you bed down for the night lol.

A

Anonymous

Thank you very much for posting those bobbyg81. Do you think the fact I'm on a mac has anything to do with the picture problem?Just wondering.

The racks were from IKEA, I didn't buy them, but cheap-as-chips I imagine.

Thanks again

A

Anonymous

I wouldnt think a mac would make a difference. Thats about as far as my knowledge goes im afraid. If you try what The Force suggests you will probably have some luck.

p.s. The Force. Your house is fantastic!Me like very much!

A

Anonymous

Thanks igglebert, it was only £50 from my local hifi store..bargain I thought.

Andrew, what do you mean "image tagging"?

I have been following the instructions in a post by PJPro about posting pictures.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Cheers for that BobbyG ! Good luck with it Jammers - get them pics up ! ;)

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that andrew it worked! But now just to make them a bit smaller??

A

Anonymous

Thanks very much, atleast now with your help Ive got it sorted.

Should be much easier next time

hope you like the pictures

A

Anonymous

Thanks Valian

I've recently noticed the big blank white space above the setup...

flat screen TV anyone?
emotion-2.gif

Xbox

DVD player

SKY+

I think more saving is required
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

vinod_david,

Thanks very much, to be honest this is my first system so as a result I have nothing to compare the cabling to.

BUT I can have no complaints thus far, once I paired the XT with the chord crimson(replacing the bundled interconnects which i used for a week) the sound definitely improved. I was noticing a lack of clarity and presence in the lyrics before as they were being overwhelmed by the rest of the music. The balance was restored with female vocals now sounding incredibly clear.

The hifi guy I bought from said the XT was the best speaker cable in my price range for the equipment I had, I can't argue with that.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Go to ikea and get some cheap art for the wall. Makes all the difference. Other than that, I love it. Those B&W look superb. For your first system, you've really got a winner. And, you haven't made the newbie mistakes with speaker placement. You've got them towed in and nicely away from the rear wall, bravo! I'm quite sure you are enjoying excellent sound. I wish I could come over and listen. Been thinking about picking up that XX traack as well. Nicely done my friend. Enjoy!
emotion-1.gif

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
nice, my first setup needed coal shoveling in!

as jax said, always nice to see speakers in an ideal position.

emotion-21.gif
for the xx as well, best new cd i've bought recently.

A

Anonymous

The 685's weren't available in light oak veneer in New Zealand, I had to settle for black. Now that I see how good they look, it's kind of annoying.

I hate encouraging anyone to spend more money, but you might want to upgrade the power cords. Unfortunately that can make a major difference, depending on how good your electricity supply is.

TRENDING THREADS